1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS Taichi

Discussion in 'General' started by CafeRacer, Jul 7, 2011.

1. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Like "Bred and butter"...:D

I hope someone chimes in here because I just can't believe paying more for Jap leather because the way they feed their cows makes the leather that much better...

Ride safe,
    AAron

2. drew231506

drew231506 Zero sponsors

I have crashed 5 times in my RS Taichi Suit. It is the BEST suit I have owned, in terms of comfort and durability. (And I have received no discount by said company ;-)) I was considering a new one for this year but the suit was still so structurally solid I decided to send it to Alexa at Spyderworks and the thing looks new now.

I wish I had some "before" pics but I only have ones of after I received it back from Alexa.

The leather is amazing, I've never had one seam to repair....the worst thing that has happened is a badge gets torn off or some of the graphics have gotten scraped off.

[​IMG]

3. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

^^^Likewise. Leather is strong as hell and seams are amazing. Other than decals, I've had no structural damage to date.

4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Brazilian cows have fake titties. :D

5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I haven't crashed mine, but i have the same suit pictured above, and thus far I have been VERY pleased with it.

The video on the Sportbike Track Gear website is pretty informative.

Linked to the youtube page to avoid "advertising" for them, but Van has several of his own crashed suits in this vid http://youtu.be/e4FvAOt9lDM

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As I have said since the very beginning of this board - answering questions is fine. Linking to commercial sites to answer questions is fine.

7. gaitherb

gaitherb Well-Known Member

I have an RS Taichi GP Max. I went down in an entry-level Dainese and the damn thing came apart. Before I bought the Taichi, I called several suit repair shops and asked what was the "best" brand they've repaired...most replied Taichi. Call around to leather repair shops and see what they say about the construction of Taichi products.

8. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Must be something about the blue vegas leathers that makes people want to crash :D

Finally had to retire mine but I think I crashed 6 times total but there were several high speed ones mixed in there. The final blow was a 100ish mph lowside that went through the stretch panel on my right arm. I had several other small burn throughs and some seams started to fail. I had already had Alexa repair it once on the right shoulder after crashing in T3 at Road America. I think the suit was just starting to get a bit old and dried out as I had used it for like 5 years or so. Very happy with how it held together, but the fit and finish was pretty poor. The liner was always getting twisted up and snagged and you could feel velcro in some spots where it was used to hold the liner in. Fit was excellent for me, but until I got my new suit (Alpinestars Race Replica) I thought I could move around really well in it but the astar suit is just on another level. Of course it is like twice the cost so there should be an improvement :wow:

I know they have made changes to the line since I got this suit and I would assume they have added more stretch panels and I would hope they made the liner not fall apart like mine did over time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

don't have a rs suit, but with most things protective in this sport...some have good experiences and some have bad with the same product.

basically your on your own ;)

10. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I have the brand new WRX302, so far I haven't crashed at the track yet but I have fell off my couch wasted playing motogp, while breaking it in of course. I'll have to say it held up well, no seems busted or anything. The armor in the hips and tailbone were nice because I did a high side onto the hardwood.

One thing to note, I am 5'11" 185 and purchased the euro 54 (XLW I think). It fit a little tight in the torso, was smoshing the balls a little more than the usual suit when i stood up straight the first few races. I adjusted the armor in the knees and elbows and it made a huge difference. Now it fits really good.

11. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

My buddy had the same exact suit (even color). Probably has crashed ten times and is still wearing it today. He's had that suit for two years. If I ever have a problem with my current suit sponsor (no spamming here), I would probably go with RS Taichi.