1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rs 125 head

Discussion in 'Tech' started by __Racer_X_2003, Oct 3, 2007.

1. __Racer_X_2003

__Racer_X_2003 Well-Known Member

I have a 125cc shifter kart. The motor is built by Swedetech, and my local dealer says it is a rs125, instead of a cr125 because of the 2 O-rings in the heaed rather than a head gasket. could I fit a cr head w/ gasket onto the barrel w/o any effects? TIA

2. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

WHY???

3. __Racer_X_2003

Because detonation( or anti-freeze that leaked into the cylinder) pitted the head thru to the first gasket seal, and rs heads are hard to find... Actually the head may be a modified head from a cr machined by Swedetech

4. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Hard to find? How many do you want? I have 7 stockers. Do you want leaded or unleaded? Tdub

5. Nick C

Nick C Banned

rs125 heads dont have grooves for o-rings in the head. they have grooves in the cylinder. You probably have a modified cr125 head.

6. roadracer86

roadracer86 Always worth the pain.

Put a CR head on the thing with a head gasket; isn't that how the stock CR motors come? If not call The Bald Head Swedish Dude "Rainey" and he will provide free advice. Tell him Stephens sent ya, he's a good dude.

7. __Racer_X_2003

Thanks ofr the help... That's what I was thinking of doing, adding a head gasket, at least for the rest of the season. I just wasn't sure if it would change the compression ratio drastically.