1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round Rock, Tx

Discussion in 'General' started by Gixxerguy855, Oct 5, 2014.

1. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Fort Worth is 'Where The West Begins'.

Dallass is where the east peters out...

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Weatherford? Aledo? Willow Park? Hudson Oaks?

3. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I honestly don't recall.....but I stopped in Weatherford in may, driving from Atl to New Mexico....stayed at a state park I think....me and the mutts.

I do remember the guy from work had a lot of mesquite trees.....I know, way to narrow it down, right?:beer:

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

5. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

YEAH! that's him in the red shirt!:D

Its been years since I visited Fred in FW...we drank a lot of beer. :up:

Good vibes for Texas from me....except property taxes!

6. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Thanks again for all the solid info! My wife got another bit of info on a town called Bee Cave, Tx that she wants to come see too. Any info on this location, or is it pretty much the same as Round Rock?

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Its a bit hillier and not as developed due to most of the tech stuff being closer to Round Rock. I actually like it out there. I think it is a bit spendier too. Lots to do though. No shortage of shopping and restaurants in Lakeway or Bee Cave. So short answer is nicer than Round Rock but alot more money than Round Rock.

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Bee Cave is West of Austin a few miles toward the Marble Falls area. All of the area West of Austin is really neat country. As I previously stated, heading West out of Austin about 50 or so miles is the Texas Hill country. It is road rich for good motorcycling with some really good twisty roads that the sports bikers love. Of course there are other bikers in the area especially on the weekends. Cities like Fredericksburg, Leakey, Junction, Kerrville, Boerne, and a few other small neighborhoods are an easy ride from Austin. If I were going to retire to another area than where I presently live that would be the area that I would pick. :up:

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

You new to Texas guys think you have all the answers!:D

10. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Finally someone with the answers the man needs. Now, someone list the tracks of the area and he can choose:Poke::D

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Let me tell ya, exploring all of this state is a frigging career. I was born here and I still haven't covered all of it yet. Well, most of it I have but there are still some dirt roads in far West Texas that I haven't been on yet. :)

I though that a neat trip would be to drive from Texarkana to El Paso but I figured that I would not live that long.

12. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Since I stopped racing bikes about 40 years ago I can't answer that question but Panther probably can. :)

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

As of right now we have these tracks reasonably close:

Texas World Speedway
    MSR Cresson (west of Ft. Worth)
    MSR Houston
    Hallet, OK (9ish hrs)
    Eagles Canyon (North of Ft. Worth)
    Harris Hill
    New Orleans (9ish hrs)
    COTA (double fuck you expensive and limited days)

14. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

We are losing TWS in May of next year, H2R pretty much is a member only club these days, COTA description is well ....... accurate lol. And you forgot GSS in Houston. Just FYI.

15. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

This is also accurate lol.