1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 8 - MotoAmerica at the Brickyard

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Every race has a 110% rule and there is also an FIM cap based on the length of the circuit (either 36 or 42). I believe the normal 110% will be the cutoff this weekend. There’s usually 1 or 2 no shows from the registered racer list.

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Between no-shows and riders failing to make the 110% rule (particularly since Rocco is running), I would imagine that will be sufficient to get to a reasonable grid size. I would imagine that track is long enough to handle about 33 riders per the FIM regs and 37 are on the entry list.

Interesting that Superstock 1000 and Superbike have this rule, but I don't see it for the other classes:
    Grid positions are dependent on space available as determined by Race Direction.

3. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

There were a couple rounds last year with over 40 entries. Had to be in the top 36 to make the grid, regardless of lap times!

4. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I'm trying to buy tickets and when you go through the IMS web site, they don't have a weekend pass available. Buying by the day gets the weekend ticket to $99! Am I missing something?

5. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Well, after spending a good 45 minutes on the phone, I bought tickets, which are only sold by the individual day. They are limiting seating to only one grandstand with no infield or pit access. I'm a fan and like to hit the races in the area, but it's either the track or the state making things basically suck for this event.

cav115 likes this.
  6. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

No pit access? wth
    Dont know if it worth going to sit on the stands.

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

There is none for viewing... Lot 2 across the street is the easiest... short walk over..

8. Monsterdood

Sounds like it’s based on the local health department guidance. I’ll be there trying to stay within 110% of Rocco and Kaleb. Hayden Schultz raced XR1200’s there so I bet he is up front in the Twins too. I saw Hayden also registered in 600’s. I bet he races for top 10 there assuming he’s on a decent bike.

Gino230 likes this.
  9. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Yea.
    I talked to Chuck at Westby and he said just some grandstand viewing. No infield or pit access. No hospitality access either.
    I told him I will just stay home and watch it on tv.

JBall and ducnut like this.
  10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Bob Robbins is listed in the Heritage Cup entries, so that’ll mean a Britten will be on the grid.

Gino230 likes this.
  11. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Where are you guys seeing the entries? I don't see anything on their website.

12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

13. Monsterdood

Go to the results tab on the registration site and under P1 for each class are the entries.

14. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

The holy trinity of racing; Go fast, have fun & be safe.
    If I even thought that I could qualify, I would be there !

Monsterdood likes this.
  15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Just talked to an Indy local who is a regular around IMS. He said all the extracurricular midway activities at the speedway have been cancelled; it’ll be just the racing and that’s it. Also, he said all pre-sold tickets will be converted over to the one grandstand they’re allowing the use of.

Does anyone know if they’re still hosting bike night, downtown?

16. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Assjuice family out. No cart, no pits, grandstand only. No thanks

17. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Motorcycles on Meridian has been cancelled.

The Speedway Museum was closed this weekend for Indy cars, so I’m guessing it’ll be closed for next weekend’s event, as well.

18. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

motorcycles on meridian is postponed until next year

19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

and $150 a night. o_O

20. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

We paid $150 for the weekend but I don’t even see that option now. It was an additional $40 or so for a towed vehicle.