1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 5 Petco Park mud fest

Discussion in 'General' started by ToofPic, Feb 2, 2019.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Monster energy Supercross NBCSN

Wow what a mess!! Tune in,this should be good

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's serious out there. That track is already a disaster, its gonna be a nightmare by the time the main events go out.

3. ToofPic

This track should have jet skis competing instead of dirt bikes.

4. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

I can't remember seeing another one like this.

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I can.. Daytona when Reed lost the race on the last lap. This race is rut central... they should be on Superjets!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Go Roczen....

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

8. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I'll watch it shortly but if it's muddy go AP7!!

dry race I would have said Tomac/Marvin/Roczen but mud- who knows. Bam Bam? Plessinger? Savatgy?

9. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

PETCO Park Mud Fest sounds like it is an event held at a dog park where the owners didnt clean up after the animals :eek:

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

AP7 was was in the catbird seat after T2.

Maybe next time.

11. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

hate these events, wont even call them a race because, they are not. it is pure survival. if you are not tall enough to paddle and touch the ground, you are screwed.

my thought is, they should not book venue's that are not protected from the weather. this is not fair to the riders, the sponsors, or the spectators, AND THE TEAMS, in my opinion.

i love watching supercross DONT GET ME WRONG, I LIVE FOR IT, IN THE WINTER. BUT, I cant stand watching that type of event.

I felt bad for Roczen, he had no warning Marvin was coming that last lap. the bikes were so muddy his pit board couldnt tell him who was coming because... THEY DIDNT KNOW. Ski

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Sucks the kids on the KTMs didn’t get to run neither... especially after the travel and all...

13. ToofPic

I think a top 5 GNCC rider could have won that event,at least a top 3.
    Those guys thrive in those conditions.I was surprised there werent more dnf's.
    All those electronics,overheating,but the bikes for the most part did well. my 2cents

14. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

That's some bad racing. I hope the spectators got drunk and enjoyed the party, cuz my sober ass at home thought it was ridiculous.

15. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i clicked this thread expecting another dog event like Puppy Bowl. color me disappointed...

16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

That's why I was hoping Plessinger would have an advantage. He grew up riding XC with his dad, who is a 4 time national champ, and doing GNCC's too.

17. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Chad Reed has been re-tweeting Tyler Bowers' tweets where he is complaining about chemical burns and destroyed equipment due to the lime they were using to try and make it less muddy.

18. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Sipes would have run away with that race.

19. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

bunch of guys, and teams complaining about equipment damage, and chemical burns. not just reed and bowers. Ski

20. ToofPic

Are they going to do anything to replace riders equipment that was damaged,or burns to the body?
    Seems only the right thing to do