1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Root canal procedure

Discussion in 'General' started by crashman, Nov 1, 2016.

1. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

ok I've had multiple root canals with crowns, plus a couple pulled teeth. A good dentist can have any of those done in a hour or less, with ease. You got screwed big time.
    My first removal was a bad doc. Root had fused to jaw bone, he didn't realize it. 2hrs of yanking on the tooth stub later he gave up and sent me to surgeon. That one hurt big time, and got me addicted to percocet since I had never taken something like them before and was on them for 2 weeks. Be careful. Otherwise I don't even need much advil after, its a cake walk.

2. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Root Canals are far less painful than they get accused of. Generally if you've had a tooth out of whack long enough to get a root canal, you welcome the slight discomfort.

I just had one re-done on Wednesday. Had the original one 10 years ago, I wasn't having pain, but the dentist said something was showing up on the last 2 xrays, so referred me back to the Endodontist.

Now what did not hurt on Tuesday hurts like F***K today, If this one goes south, I lose a bridge anchor, so I'm really losing 2-3 teeth, and then someone is getting sued.

I do have one implant, and I think if I could afford it, that's the way I'd go for any in the future. They are about twice as much as a RC and crown, but in my experience, way more solid.

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I've had one, would be hard pressed to have another. Got talked into a RC and crown on a tooth that wasn't even bothering me (long time dentist that never tries to upsell). Procedure wasn't the worse thing ever, but for about 3 YEARS after I had mild infections/pain come and go until finally the fucker abscessed and landed me in the hospital for 4 days. Tooth removed, and I'm in no hurry to get an implant to replace it.

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Wanna talk painful? Try gout some time.

pjzocc likes this.
  5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Did my last one without any novocain as well. Everyone in the office thought I was nuts, once it was over I was fine, had to keep telling the assistant to quit making faces, looked like it was hurting her more than me.

6. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

You chose poorly. :Poke:

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:That or I chose the only dentist that I could get in to on a Saturday as I was 4500 miles from my dentist and needed to get back to work the following day. I think alot of the pain was from the infection that had gone on too long as I was trying to suck it up and just deal with the pain till I got back home.

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yall who have done a root canal without novacaine, who among you has had a kidney stone?

How do they compare?

9. This can never be stressed enough

10. Same hear, damn hockey puck.