1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roller Tool Box Suggestions/Recommendations

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffr1ey, Jun 11, 2014.

1. slowzx6

slowzx6 Well-Known Member

I have the red us general. Im a maintenance tech so its slam full of tools. I have to cross railroad tracks several times a day and the box has held up great. Tractor supply had some pretty good boxes at one time. Not sure if they still sell them though.

2. atomic410

atomic410 Well-Known Member

I bought a husky lower box a few years ago brought it home put my old craftsman on it and watched the husky start to collapse. Then last summer bought a new husky torque wrench and it was way off. No husky stuff for me ever again. I just got a matco s4 box of CL for a song. You really get what you pay for with high end boxes.

3. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Harbor Freight has a great sale on the General 41 inch lower rolling box thru the 14th of this month. Normally almost $600, on sale for $369. I've already got one and tempted to buy another for work. For the money, the General's from HF can't be beat, theyre so much better build quality over Kobalt, Husky and Craftsman that its not even funny.

4. ToddClark

5. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

6. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

Definitely going with the HF.. Looked at them today. Pretty nice.

7. ToddClark

Yep, thats what I paid for mine too. Extremely nice boxes. :up:

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

9. glass

glass Well-Known Member

I have the Sams club one. It is nothing like in the pictures. The box is strong but the doors a simply flimsy metal panels that you screw together. You can not use this if you are in and out of your box a lot. It is great for the home for occasional use.

10. BarryG

BarryG Well-Known Member

Can anyone point me in the direction of the coupon? I know I saw one in Autoweek but of course, I tossed that issue :-(
    It doesn't appear online in their coupons, so it may have expired..
    I'm keen at $100, not $140.
    Thanks
    Cheers
    Barry