1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROLL CALL: WERA members in the military overseas!

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Nov 25, 2003.

1. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I am not, but my friend Ken Driggers is. He raced an RD350 and was the most popular man in the paddock :rolleyes: :

Hi, I am with C co 1-6 Infantry In Baghdad. and yes i raced the screaming, smoking, leaking and terribly un-predictable engine RD's. I have been in Afghanistan and Iraq for the last 10 months and am not to redeploy for about the next 4 to 5 months. I was granted two weeks leave and came home to SC for it. My race buddy (Mark) and i have been working on a honda to race bike for when all this is over. Thank you for your support in this deployment. The things we need out there are few, but letters of appreciation mean the most. It's loonly there and any word from home is comforting. Here is my address
    Sgt. Ken Driggers
    C co. 1-6 INF 2BCT 1AD
    Unit # 93047
    APO AE 09324-3047

[email protected]

Thanks for thinking about these guys!

2. Rhoades

Rhoades Well-Known Member

After watching the current news shows its nice to see that the public hasnt forgotten the the soldiers dont make policy just follow orders. I have been in Bosnia since July and will be here untill March. Send anything, like was said before even small packages are nice to get!

3. oldguy

oldguy NC novice old dude

Thanks Darrin. I asked for addresses earlier but didn't get any. Get more, I want to send stuff. Good job!
    Also heard on Fox News that there's a group taking frequent flyer mile donations for the troops to come home on. I'll search for the web site. Make sure your airline is on the list of ones that are participating.

4. oldguy

oldguy NC novice old dude

Here's the link to donate frequent flyer miles to get our GI's home for the holidays.
    Donate Miles

5. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

What's your name and address?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2003
  6. dtalbott

Addresses so far:

Sgt. Ken Driggers
    C co. 1-6 INF 2BCT 1AD
    Unit # 93047
    APO AE 09324-3047

Ilene Henderson
    Log Cell South
    PRT Gardez
    APO AE 09354

AMC Smitty Tocorzic
    Combat Aircrew 2
    VP-47 Unit 25454
    PSC 451
    FPO AE 09834-2800

7. dtalbott

bump.

Who else is sending stuff (and I'm hoping for lots of replies)?

8. Rhoades

Rather then send me things how bout you take the money and give it to a Veterans Org. such as the VFW or American Legion? Its very easy to think of the troops overseas now because of the media but why not remember those whom we have forgotten so quickly? I am not trying to preach but it seems that Americans are quick to rally around their troops (which is GREAT!!) but once the media coverage slows or the presses move on the attention moves else where. Why dont we remember those who served in Korea, or other conflicts that have faded from memory. Please understand that I really do apprieciate the thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant/Preach over,,,,sorry.

Sgt Chris Rhoades
    34th MP Co.

9. dtalbott

What would the VFW or American Legion do with the money - give it to vets or purchase stuff to send overseas?

Where are you stationed, Sgt Rhodes?

10. Rhoades

They would use the money for a variey of purposes. Could be anything form helping Vets with medical bills, etc. They also do things for current troops. We recently got a huge stack of free phone cards from them to call home with. I think its a good org. I am sure there are people who can give you a better idea of where exactly the money goes then me, or maybe their website.
    I am currently in Bosnia. I have been here since July and hopefully will be leaving in the middle of March!

11. dtalbott

Do you need anything?

I don't want to just give money to the VFW or whomever. I want to go out, buy some stuff, box it, and take it to the post office. I want to feel like I did something that I wanted to do, and that I didn't take the easy way.

12. dtalbott

13. Rhoades

Thats ok , just thought I would give another option for ya!! I/WE are doing ok over here. A good idea for the guys in the sandboxis socks!!! Man I know I go through socks like they are going out of style. Just plain old black socks. Gold Bond Powder is nice in those hot areas as well, I wont go into detail. Thanks for the support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhoades

14. dtalbott

15. dtalbott

bump for the good guys.