1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roll Call for Roebling WERA Endurance 7/19/14

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by BEi Racing, Jun 16, 2014.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that the endurance series may not return. My kid just got big enough to ride an SV and he loves the endurance format. We had fun racing with the Buckeye guys. I'm glad y'all made the trip. The jump start was epic. From where I was standing, it looked like everyone but Caleb jumped! We had a lot of fun, a good battle for fastest team member, and our intrepid team owner dragged his elbow out their Marquezing around.:D

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If you go to solos is the any chance for a championship with them?

3. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Hey Nigel!

We had a fun time racing with the Seabees, and I thought Caleb did a great job. Tristan had a great back and forth with him in the first hour, and I enjoyed watching it from the pit wall.

I think endurance racing is overlooked as a rider development tool. Forty labs or so is a great way to work on a corner, improve lap times, or figure out a different technique without the pressure of being in a race that is over in 6 or 8 laps. Many times the rider will race with someone that is not in their class, or up or down several laps, so again the pressure is different. Even if you just go out and run the same lap time, you did it on tires that were 40 laps older than when you started.

We hope you guys are going to Barber, and Buckeye Racing will be looking for you there!

4. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

I'll work on the video. Was the funniest start I've ever seen. I say it was three teams that jumped, as did one of the start officials, but only two teams got the meatball :crackup:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been thinking about it so yeah, possible.

6. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

I was the other official, and i couldn't confirm the third guy. Wouldn't have argued against it though. Hell, i was tempted to ask Start if we could just have a do-over. :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

75% of the field jumps I'd normally shut it down and start again - unless it's only 4 bikes....

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'd say majority rules....the 4th guy was late!

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Music suggestion: Van Halen "Jump" or Nu Shooz "I can't wait" :D

10. rwood64083

I'm with ya. And just to be clear I'm not complaining. Simply laughing at what I saw. Wouldn't have mattered in the long run cause BEI had a crash. A meatball to AOD wouldn't have slowed their laps.

11. rwood64083

:crackup:

:up:

12. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

No worries. We'd rather have ya laughing. I'm thinking clown suits instead of blue shirts for the GNC - Grand National Circus. :D

13. rwood64083

Sweet!