1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roll Call for Roebling WERA Endurance 7/19/14

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by BEi Racing, Jun 16, 2014.

1. BEi Racing

BEi Racing Well-Known Member

Any of the old WERA teams planning on dusting off their Endurance bikes and joining AOD, Navy Sea Bees, and BEi on the grid at this round?

2. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Yo! is a maybe.

3. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Buckeye Racing is hoping to bring the Triumph down for another run!

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

What he said...the back ain't gonna mark itself!!! :D

5. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

Have fun it's going to be a hot one!

6. couch

couch Well-Known Member

We may field a team or three at the GNF round... are they running Endurance that weekend?

7. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

There is an endurance round at the GNF this year.

8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Any updates? Mylaps app isnt showing it

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Emily may not have internet. Way light turnout, race is running anyway. That'll probably be it for the WERA Series. We'll go ahead and give in to the market forces for 2015 and do sprint racing only.

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Hopefully a better turnout for sprints tomorrow. I'm heading down now.

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Damn.:(

12. PAPAPIRANHA

PAPAPIRANHA Well-Known Member

Why not go back to the old 2 hour endurance races on Saturday's at regional's ?
    They were a ton of fun in the 90's

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because more people like the Solos. Same as everything else, gotta go with what the customers like.

14. Tristan

The fact that there are only a couple responses to this bombshell shows why the series is done...

I'd like to say THANKS to WERA for running the endurance series as long as they could (surely losing money the last few years at least) and thanks for letting the Roebling 4 hour happen with the FOUR teams that showed up. Despite being the only MW team, we did have fun and got REAL lucky with the weather.

Now who has the video of the most retarded jump start ever???

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Not sure what anyone is supposed to say? It sucks but I completely understand it.

Randy. It's most amusing.

16. Tristan

Well post that shit up! First time in in 14 years of racing I jumped a start...at least it was in spectaularly amusing fashion! Let me preload my excuse: first race in over 8 months, and the last one was on a CBR250. I was excited...

17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Any chance of team challenge style races? Although I'm not even sure of the differences

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're the same thing as doing a 2 hour or 3 hour. BTDT and may try it again at some point. We changed over to the solos though because that's what more riders wanted.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

Solo!

Otoh, never done endurance. Should team up and give it a shot while it exists...

20. Tristan

Yes you should! Even with just 2 guys riding a 4 hour it works out to about $25 per sprint race in a lap per dollar comparison of entry fees and tire costs.