1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rolex 24

Discussion in 'General' started by wsmc42, Jan 28, 2017.

1. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Well, happy for WTR, but not a fan of that move. Kind of puts an asterisk next to the win for me. Apparently IMSA thought it was ok and that is the bigger concern to me. Would love to see telemetry from both cars.

#5 driver was total class in his interview. And the other drivers came in to winner's circle to offer their congratulations. Kudos to them.

wsmc42 likes this.
  2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Looked to me like he left a big gap then tried to close the door once Taylor was there..

panthercity likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was a good final half hour!

:offtopic: The dude who was driving the Porsche that just edged out the Ferrari for second place is married to a really good Eurosport motor sports journalist. She used to host the MotoGP pre- and post-race talk shows for a couple of years. That woman came to work PREPARED. Eurosport unceremoniously cast her aside a couple of years ago to make room for the F1 guy after the network that owned them at the time lost F1 to another one. She was devastated. Shit made me mad. :mad: Those of you who watch the French 24-hour motorcycle races of the EWC have probably seen her the past couple of years doing interviews in the garages in the pit lane.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I was on the phone w my dad while we both watched the last half hour. What a race!

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I thought the pass was fine. See an opening on the last lap, take it.

panthercity, CRA_Fizzer and noles19 like this.
  6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That's what I saw. And like tiggen said, the #5 driver was quite classy considering the outcome.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127925/albuquerque-hits-out-at-taylor-over-clash

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

9. No doubt. That has to be one of the dumbest statements made in a very long time. Hey, wait for me on the banking, we will count to 3 then both hit the gas.

noles19 likes this.
  10. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

it's such a cool race! And those cars really pop under the lights!!

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Someone hand them their participation trophy.

noles19 likes this.
  12. Exactly. I still cannot believe someone actually stated that.

13. tiggen

14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I would bet your paycheck he would not have said that if he won. I am not sure what Taylor was doing but they showed he had over 4 seconds on the #5 after the contact and only won by 0.6 seconds. So he did let him catch up, just not soon enough.

15. tiggen

Had a chance to look at the video again. I think the #10 reacted to the #5's move and turned in early. He had not gone out any wider than the last time he went through there, but he def. turned in earlier. The #10 realized he pooched it, and turned in on the #5. Now I think that IMSA may have got it right.

16. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I will say, the new DPi cars look even better than the WEC cars. I never liked the look of the blunt front wheel fenders that the Audi, Toyota and Porsche morphed into over there. Still hate the shark fin, even though every time I express my disdain for how it looks on cars that could look as good as the Bentley Speed 8 did when it won in 2003, I am told how its necessary for stability with these cars. To me, its just a giant billboard that takes away from the very cool looks the cars could have without it.