1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rolex 24

Discussion in 'General' started by wsmc42, Jan 28, 2017.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

It's cold here at the speedway and it might start raining at midnight.

Talked to Jan Magnussen before the green flag.
    We talked about the old saying about not being able to win the race into turn one but you can definitely lose it.
    He said that everyone wants to race into 1 even in a 24 hour race.
    "Going slow anywhere, at any time doesn't apply to anyone on this grid"

I hope they have something for the Fords!

2. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Just came on to start a thread. Pumped up for the *official* start to race season. Watching on FS2 via SlingTV. So far so good.

Doing a 24 hour kart race next month. Supposedly there will be some IMSA drivers in the field. Maybe the scouts will follow, and I'll finally get that pro ride I've been dreaming about!

Wayne Taylor Racing FTW!

Steeltoe likes this.
  3. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

And just as i wrote that the TV goes on the fritz. Aargh, ratfarts!

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

5. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Yeah, I here ya.....its cold here in Jacksonville, and I'm watching on TV.:rolleyes:

Where are you at?

I do have to admit, watching them run on a track that I have run before is giving me the itch....but hey....its cold, and it don't itch that bad.

I'm not setting an alarm or anything, but plan to hussle out in the am. hope to be down there around 9am. I'll pm ya my cell. Holler if you make the run .

6. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

Orlando

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Temp in the 40s and raining out there. Respect to the crew and officials.

panthercity likes this.
  8. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Yeah, it looks pretty shitty allright.

9. Not back on for another hour here, coverage ended at 1am local time (8pm EST).

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Which car has the open cockpit? I bet that sucks in these conditions.

11. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

https://www.google.com/amp/blackfla...o-the-2017-24-hours-of-daytona-1791660766/amp

"Prototype Challenge (PC): Like the P class, PC is all purpose-built race cars that were designed from start to finish for track use—and track use only. These identical open-top cars are run by pro-am teams—in other words, with a mix of professionals and amateurs. This is the last year they’ll be running as a class, thought. These cars have been around for a while, and with more racers preferring a closed cabin for safety reasons, IMSA opted to scrap this class for 2018. Enjoy them while you can!"

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Go WTR #10

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  13. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

kind of impressive that the top 5 GTLM cars are within 23s of each other after 19 hours. 4 different manufacturers in the top 5 too:
    http://scoring.imsa.com/

14. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Great race ,i had the pleasure of going to the race back in 2011. I won a car from grand am in 2010 from Patrick Dempsey and he allowed me to hang in his pits for the whole 24 hours. Great experience. I just sold my SCCA Spec Racer Ford, it was an open cockpit and racing in the rain definitely sucks lol

my avatar was after a second place rain race at Lime Rock.

SoCal1000, ungwaha and scottn like this.
  15. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Holy LEDs and on board radar in the Porche, Batman!

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

When that rear tire blew on the Lexus and destroyed everything from the door back...

17. "Repair" was quite nice.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Is there a Lexus left? I just saw one with "extensive front end customization".

Go Porsche! Anybody but fkn Ford please!

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The Audi is doing a good job in the last 10 keeping up with the Ford.

20. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Damn, what a finish

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk