1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling Road Raceway

Discussion in 'General' started by alpinestars260, Feb 8, 2005.

1. alpinestars260

alpinestars260 supermoto Member

how many motards if any go to race there? or will i just blow my motor on the front straight?:confused:

2. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

...and when are they gonna lay a little fresh asphalt...

:confused:

3. alpinestars260

Fresh asphalt?!?:eek:

4. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

It'll probably still have the same asphalt 10 years from now. :rolleyes:

Honestly, it's not something I'd care to do on a motard. It's got a really long straight and most of the corners are faster sweepers. It's not a tight track. That's just my opinion though.

5. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

roebling has plenty of grip in the dry. wet we won't discuss. pretty good bbq sandwiches. i don't see why a motard would be any different there than it would anywhere else. its still a dirtbike on a roadcourse.

6. alpinestars260

Honestly, it's not something I'd care to do on a motard. It's got a really long straight and most of the corners are faster sweepers. It's not a tight track. That's just my opinion though. [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah im just dont feel like making the trip up to VIR, just wondering

7. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

It's seems like it'd be fun. I'd like to ride it on an rs125 sweeping turns are the best. The track surface looks like someone took a pick axe and started swinging or even worse those damn cars and their hard braking!

8. alpinestars260

oh yeah anyone know how long the front straight is?

9. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

10 miles long !!:D

10. alpinestars260

hahaha!!!:clap:

11. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

just long enough that most motards blow the engine about the number 3 brake marker for turn one. i just wouldn't go if i were you. :Poke:

12. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Loooooong, On a motard or small bike I would bring something to read.

13. wookie

wookie Well-Known Member

half mile front straight i think? the kicker is comin onto it out of turn 9 is haulin some ass. motard would be fun since if you use the right line theres what feels like a table top at the exit of 9!

JB

14. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

They sell these thangs called sprockets. They even come in different sizes... :Poke:

15. alpinestars260

Re: Re: Roebling Road Raceway

'

thank you for your input. my bike came with the smallest sprocket available, but thank you once again because im such a dumbass lol jk

16. holeman99

holeman99 Well-Known Member

motard bike would be great in the back part of the infield.

17. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I think front straight is over 3/4 of a mile.

18. alpinestars260

thanks fuzzy that sounds right

19. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

I want to do a trackday there. 3/4 mile would be so awesome for top speed test on a mini. I think the metrakit 72 could pull 110mph maybe more, 22hp 250lbs(includes me, bike and all the fluids.. Would it strain the motor too hard to keep it on the gas that long?

20. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

In all honesty I am not sure how safe it will be to take a mini out at a trackday. I was scared sheitless riding my 45hp hawk on RA straights mixxed up with bigger bikes at STT track day. I imagine mini's at a shorter track will feel about the same.