1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling Awards

Discussion in 'General' started by MR-MICROPHONE, Mar 22, 2011.

1. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Well, it happened again. Someone picked up the wrong award at Roebling.
    Actually two people did. Or perhaps it was handed to you? I'm not sure. I think one was Formula 1, third place. Luie Zendejas (sp?) please check your award. I think you may have the novice third for F1. Also someone picked up William Rankin's award for Clubman I think. I will verify details later and let you know. At any rate, everyone please check that you have the correct award that you earned from Roebling and always check, at EVERY race, that you pick up or are handed the correct award. Everyone seems to be happier when they can take home the award they earned.

Thanks!! :up:

Great racing everyone! :beer:

2. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

William Brankin doesn't check the intertoobs. He left before the awards ceremony and may have picked it up early. I left him a voice mail and will report back.

3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I tried for like an hour to pick up my plaque from race 14, but she kept saying she didn't get the finalized results yet. How do I get it now?

4. MR-MICROPHONE

We are talking about the English speaking fellow right? Well, I am anyway. Perhaps I have his name a little off. He was there to pick up his award and it was not there. Somebody else got it. I will double check details when I get home and look at results. Stay tuned! :)

5. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

You were supposed to wait until Mr Mic. came up, he would have the last few races results.

Not sure how you get them now, but I am sure someone does

6. MR-MICROPHONE

I apologize for that. Typically we will hand out awards early starting when we get to the second column of racing and normally it happens with no issues at RR. There was some confusion concerning early handouts and I guess results were not taken over for trophies. That's why she didn't have results. I think the results were posted but of course you understand that they can't keep running back and forth to look at the results board to verify things. They would normally have a different set of results for trophies and this is just so they can check things off and make sure they are handed out correctly. Obviously sometimes mistakes still happen. Don't know who to fault there as sometimes riders will just pick up an award when nobody is looking. Next time we will try to be a little more efficient.

As for how to get your award now, go to [email protected] and let them know what happened. Your award can be shipped or possibly brought to the next race that you will be at.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  7. MR-MICROPHONE

Yeah actually I think I did have race 14 when I came over at the end. They only send results every few races I think. I try to get over there as soon as possible after we are done racing because I know everyone is waiting. See my other post for how to get your award.

8. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Yeah, she said that you had everything from 14 to 18 or something like that, and she didnt have them. so everyone was supposed to wait for you and if they wanted them before teh ceremony started to ask you when you got there from what I recall.

9. Dits

That's him (he's South African.) I just got off the phone with him. He doesn't have it. It's his first expert trophy, it would mean a lot to him if it surfaced. Maybe a novice grabbed it by accident? I don't remember who they all were in that race except Tuna and maybe Gavin?

10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I understand that mistakes happen. That's why I didn't get on here accusing anybody. The lady knew I won but said she couldn't hand stuff out until she had official results which makes sense. If I wasn't riding with someone else I'd have stayed for the presentation. Looking back I wish I had. These were my first ever wins and I'm still glowing. I just hate making people wait on me especially since we didn't get home until 4 am. No biggee. I'll send an email to get it sorted out. Thanks for the help.

11. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Both of mine say Novice on them.... :D

12. Dits

Shouldn't though.

Biggest sandbagger I think I've ever seen. :D

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Who walked away with Dit's first place expert plaque?

14. MR-MICROPHONE

The way I prefer to do it is NOT to hand out awards early at all. But I know that many of you have traveled a long way to get there and have a long trip back so sometimes you want to get your awards early. I and my crew have a long trip back every time too so we want to get going asap as well but I feel like the awards ceremony is important and is perhaps the highlight of the weekend. I enjoy having the awards ceremony for you guys and we are usually some of the last people to leave any given track (and my travel crew probably hates me for it :D ) but I feel that's part of my job and a chance for you to thank your sponsors and such.
    Usually if I am there to start the ceremony and you don't already have your award then it's too late. If you don't have your award before the last race is over then it's close enough to wait for the ceremony.

Yes I know he doesn't have it. Actually it must have been grabbed already before I even got over there. By whom, I don't know. Hopefully it will turn up. If not, it will be taken care of. (Smart ass comment removed concerning not remembering who else was in the race :D )

I'm sorry you couldn't wait too but congrats on your wins. I know you weren't accusing anybody. Sundays are always tough because people are trying to get out of there. You're welcome.

15. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I was standing with William at the awards, and being that I had an epic battle with him for 1st, I wanted to see him get that trophy.
    Somebody needs to fess up here and get the thing back to WERA. Or get it to me and I'll ship it to him. If you have it PM me.

16. punkadilly

punkadilly Well-Known Member

I remember seeing a fellow pick up a trophy after the lady had walked off . . . he picked it up from middle of the table area.

17. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Thanks....I think. LMAO

18. MR-MICROPHONE

That's what I don't like. There is no reason not to check with the official to have the award checked off of the list as it's handed out. More often than not it seems when someone just grabs an award they tend to grab the wrong one. Why? Because they don't read the entire thing? I don't know. I guess sometimes the rider will just see the class and not pay attention to the proficiency because they are in a hurry or something. You have to read the ENTIRE award and make sure it's correct. That's another reason I tell everyone to make sure I have handed you the correct award. Yes, I read them as I hand them out but things are moving quickly and my eyes could fool me. ;)

The thing I can't figure with the Clubman award is that both thirds were picked up early and checked off. Everyone else was there to receive their award from me yet William's was gone. Hmmmm!!?? Hard to confuse the word Clubman with any other class name.

19. Dits

It was a compliment.:up: