1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rocks in shock - gsxr

Discussion in 'Tech' started by code3ryder, Mar 1, 2021.

1. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Hi y'all,

Picked up a 04/05 600 shock (ebay) to put in my 03 750. Shock looks great but there are some small rocks in the sleeve part at the botton of the shock. They are obviously too big to get out of the small gap (even with squeezing the sleeve but it doesn't really open up). I suppose it could be internal parts but sure looks like small stones. Any thoughts? Thanks!

shock.jpg

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

That's the bump stop foam. Or, at least, it used to be.

I'd have that shock gone through if I was planning on using it on a race track.

3. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Possibly dried out bottom out bumper in pieces.

RRP likes this.
  4. code3ryder

yep. thanks fellas. i took a flat driver to try and pry on it and the chunks starting falling apart. Does feel "foamy". Well shit...

pieces.jpg

5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

It probably also means that shock hasn't been rebuilt/serviced in a very long time.

code3ryder likes this.
  6. code3ryder

agree. it was 30 bucks shipped on ebay. I just put the original (no loose bits lol) back in. Not sure what the next step will be. Not really looking to upgrade to a Penske or Ohlins or whatever. This was meant to be budget trackday bike.

7. TWF2

Service it.

code3ryder and RRP like this.
  8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Dat dere is one well used shock lol

9. code3ryder

Watched some videos and looks like something I could try and tackle. Tearing apart supsension parts has always been a bit intimidating.

10. TWF2

Perfect shock to try and learn. Not worth anything as is so may as well open it up.

code3ryder likes this.
  11. code3ryder

100%