1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rocco Landers - GoFund Me to Red Bull Rookies Cup

Discussion in 'General' started by Red Fox Racing, Oct 1, 2019.

1. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

So what's that really mean? Full ride paid for by Red Bull? Really curious.

2. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

In the Red Bull Rookies Cup, pretty much yes. I believe the riders are only responsible for travel/lodging.....?

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Doesn't Red Bull own your body and soul for a few years though ?

sbk1198 likes this.
  4. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Something like that. Someone (HPPT?) posted an article recently of the F1 equivalent that gave some insight into the program. I assume the RBRC is very similar.

If you have no other path to GP though, it's obviously worth it.

5. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I am friend’s with a prominent former Red Bull graduate on the car side. We’ve talked about his deal thoroughly and he was always smart enough to make sure his contracts (with Mercedes or BMW depending on series) were for X amount and always made sure not to make a bunch of noise. He was never bothered by Helmut to pay anything back.

Also, he missed his shot at F1 even though he had Red Bull backing. One guy was Swiss and had the country basically pay for his seat and the French kid had Total pay for his seat.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

What's the easiest way to watch the Rookies Cup? I assume that isn't included in MotoGP VideoPass?

7. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Red Bull TV

8. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

When does the season start?

9. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

In addition the rider has to provide a “helper”, usually it is the dad.

10. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Great job for Rocco! From what I saw on his social media, he had the fastest lap time of the group on the 2nd day....although not totally clear on whether that was just from the group that was out there at the same time, or from all the kids there.

He seemed pretty happy with it, judging by his reaction :) I'm sure he was nervous as hell since he was the last one to get picked.

www.facebook.com/MotoAmerica/videos/2484773251846068/

badmoon692008 likes this.