1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rocco Landers - GoFund Me to Red Bull Rookies Cup

Discussion in 'General' started by Red Fox Racing, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

2. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Has he been invited to the Selection?
    It was about a three thousand dollar trip when Kris and I made it 13 years ago.

3. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Yes, he has.....

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Meh, no thanks. Find a less expensive hobby. I need a new garden tiller. :D

ToofPic, Wheeliest and drop like this.
  5. turner38

Figured they would be in pretty good shape after him winning 40k or so in Kawi money this year....
    We are still in Recovery mode from this season but will try to help a little. He is a kid that would do well there most likely. He’s a good kid.

6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I guess they want to bring the entire family because the gofundme is for 12 grand.

drop, G Dawg and noles19 like this.
  7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

It's for another race abroad as well, if you read the details.

8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Is there an American kid in the rookies cup right now? If not, they will definitely pick one this year. How they will make that selection is anybody's guess.

9. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Tyler Scott

Pitmom42 likes this.
  10. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If he is doing well enough to get another year, I would wait on try outs. Red Bull is not doing two Americans.

11. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

12. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I think Rocco should be treated like these High School football phenoms when they get an offer way before they graduate. Like Yosh should put him on contract now, support him in various series for a few years, and then get him onto their SBK. If I owned a team, I wouldn’t know what I’m doing, but I’d get that get signed.... all I’m saying.

Shocker and badmoon692008 like this.
  13. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Red Bull does that in F1, as do other teams there and in NASCAR. Basically, if you’re not locked up by like 12-14yo, you have little chance.

14. turner38

They do that with Bikes also.... What do you think the Rookies Cup Series is?
    I wonder how many have actually stuck with them over the years though. Can’t think of any kids from the first year that are still
    Wearing the Red Bull lid...

Hoffman900 likes this.
  15. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Never really worked out for JD, and not really sure why.

Couple other Red Bull kids, now adults in MA include Gagne, Scholtz, and Beaubier. Cam did get to ride the 125 for two seasons.

BigBird likes this.
  16. turner38

No shit.

17. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I think part of it was because the economy tanked, and it was hard for him to get any potential sponsors but who knows?

18. turner38

Pretty sure Red Bull has a lot to do with both Cam and JD in SuperSport in 2010 for LTD I think it was... they both ended up wearing a Monster Helmet I do believe. Zarco is probably the only one still wearing a Red Bull one, or was recently anyway from the inaugural year. Not sure if that has been continuous though. There was arguably more talent in it the first year than any since.

Oh yeah, You left Kris off your list... he was there the first year, was the first American to podium and won the race at Assen before being docked 5 seconds in a questionable penalty.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  19. All I know is I miss all those 2s firing up at once. A giant cloud of Smokey awesomeness

motion and turner38 like this.
  20. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Good luck to Rocco