1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Atlanta Onboard Video

Discussion in 'General' started by puresportsdesigns, Sep 23, 2002.

1. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

I am looking for some track time while between the arms of my recliner. I have never been to Road Atlanta and would like to purchase an onboard video. This would not have to be a professional video production. If anyone has something they think would help me learn the lefts, rights and elevation changes please let me know.

TIA

2. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

I saw the track as a spectator first, but that didn't really help in fully understanding the track and racing. Then I watched some video snipet from the web on either Freddie Spencer, Pridmores, or RA's site for tips...that seemed to help more.; but it didn't help me remember the bumps and turn 7 and 10a very well...
    (Sorry I can't be more specific as to which site it was, but I can't remember what color shirt I am wearing without looking down...)

I'll tell you what helped me more than the web site clip, was watching some older races at RA on tape from Speed with Hayden, Yates, Mladin for lines.....(Nick's lines in 7 always tripped me out. I ended up running near Yates and Mladin's lines in 7 and 10a......But in no way as fast as they are....Ha.)
    :D

Scarbs

3. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

I got some clips form a tank cam that someone posted a while back. For some reason I can't view them, I don't have the right codec or something. They are about 10MB:eek:

4. huffdaddy

huffdaddy Well-Known Member

look for david sadoski(sp) tape called ride it it shows you the old road atlanta and is full of his famous style of commentary:)

5. chris73

chris73 Well-Known Member

jerry do you have a playstation2?if you do there is a game called 24 hours of lemans that has road atlanta in it.you can drive it in a few different cars and the track is very true to life.

6. dave333

dave333 traveler

Email the Schwantz man, at Kevin Schwantz Suzuki School. They were filming students via a tank cam in February but didn't have it perfected. I think they would have a few laps on file and Marnie or Joyce are very helpful, very nice ladies...:D

http://www.roadatlanta.com/suzuki.html

7. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Me too!!

BUMP!

I need this on-board footage if anyone has it.
    Don't have to be '14k productin quality', but at least 1 full lap.
    CD,VCR, MPEG, AVI, someone point me to the track!:)

8. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Re: Me too!!

Good thing because you sure as hell wouldn't have it before the GNF if it was! :eek: :D

All you need to know about Road A is this. Go really, really fast. When the pavement ends, TURN! ;)

9. 3rddegr6

3rddegr6 Well-Known Member

dont forget about turn 3 like I did:rolleyes: and your bike end up in the esses:D

10. TJA1

TJA1 New Member

My first post on WERA. :eek:

http://www.classrides.com/about/cam_bike.html

It's from the CLASS school site and it's not great quality. But it appears to be the current track configuration without the "gravity cavity". The lines don't appear to be the ones I was taught at the KSS school earlier this year.

Regards,

11. puresportsdesigns

thanks dude

i'm downloading as i type.......

12. paperclip

paperclip D'oh!

the lines are not the best, but then again it shows the track layouts pretty darn good. I got flashbacks from my dirtriding experience at VIR.:D

13. puresportsdesigns

I just bought the game. Do we use the entire track for WERA or cut through the middle like the game?

14. chris73

jerry wera uses the whole track and you can run the whole track in the game.i think you need to run an endurance race the petit lemans or win the the whole track by setting fast laps on the little one.i know the whole track is not avalible for free practice untill you win it,but i think it is avalible all the time in the endurance races

15. chris73

also they call the big track road atlant national.it is avalible in quick race,and lemans series good luck

16. Greg_Gorman

Greg_Gorman Well-Known Member

17. AJ_371

AJ_371 Tom Thumb!!

I have a whole race woth of footage from the GNF last year...with the finale being Gio Rojas lapping me for the checkered flag....a short clip of it(1 lap...where I ran off the track) is available online at:

http://www.nsfracing.net/BikePaint/atlanta3.wmv

I was on and old style GSXR 600 and was only turning 1:42's.