1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road A should be good.

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 50Joe, Jul 3, 2002.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I guess I just felt like posting during lunch....... The weather looks to be scattered storms (small chance) and highs in the upper 80's to low 90's. For R666 A in July, that looks like great weather! Even camping should be pleasant (low in the mid 60's). See everyone there.

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

What's up with the R666 A - should read Road A obviously.

3. evilhordewannabe

evilhordewannabe Well-Known Member

Just wanted to raise my number of posts...

I want to get that "junior Member" label off my name. It's bad enough being a "wannabe". GOOD LUCK TO ALL AT ROAD A ....RIDE HARD AND BE SAFE.....Any WERA guys racing at Mid Ohio July 20th and 21st???? I will be pitting with Bill Moeller in the garages next to the pits. AHRMA #312...stop by and say Hello if you are there.....

4. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

hey joe,
    i hope you dont get caught out in the rain with slicks again.:(
    i was considering some new 208gp's(slicks), but backed off and got one of the last sets of 207gp's(dot's).
    todd-too bad your not going to road atlanta. i should see you at putnam.

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Scott,
    Yea, that race was real interesting. I hung for about 3 laps and when Mark started to up the pace, I tried to stay with him, but it started to spin up really bad on the straights. One time I even backed off the gas, got back on, and still spun up! Amazingly, the bike still felt pretty good on the brakes even with the puddles and slicks. My brain sort of kicked in on lap 4 and said "don't throw all your work away you did last winter" so, I backed off. The bike was really moving around on me. In a perverse sort of way it was still fun. The last 2 laps I sort of cruised around, it felt like an eternity. In V-5 Mark warned me about not having enough time to "recalibrate" from rain conditions. He was right. I rode that race with my head not in the right frame of mind. Well, see ya at Road A. I hope you have better luck this coming weekend and can "play" in F-2 stroke.
    Joe