1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road A or not Road A

Discussion in 'General' started by g maloney, Jun 26, 2015.

1. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

Ok, I need to know. It seems Road America and Road Atlanta are competing over the title: "Road A". I have not been around as long as others, but as long as I can remember "road A" always referred to road America. How did Rd Atlanta get the nickname now? Somebody please set me straight on this. And Please dont turn this into a northern / southern thing :) My memory on this goes back to 1990. What happened? Will the original Road A please step forward.

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Which has been around longer?

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I always hate those extra syllables.

I just called Road Atlanta, Atlanta.

4. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Road Atlanta - 1970

Road America - 1955

5. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

Never been to Road America. Probably never will. Unless i happen to be passing thru Wisconsin, or whereverthehellitis, on the way to Canada, Road A = Atlanta.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Road A is Road Atlanta, because it's quick and people are lazy.
    Road America, you use the full name as a sign of respect. Once that place gets it's knighthood, it'll be Sir Road America.

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Being someone living in the middle of these two tracks…Rd A always meant Rd America.

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Never Shortened either...always thought it ghey, like saying Gixxer.. For GSX-R or CrotchRocket for Sportbike..or Brewski for Beer... Somethings just need to be called by what they are.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

Roadlanta

never been to the other one

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Both of you are ghey. :D

11. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I dunno, but Google knows all and as soon as you put in road a... the first choice is America, so there you have it. Not to mention "America" is supreme over a state, especially one where 1/4 ice breaks down the entire highway system. :D

12. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Except Google also tracks your location and internet behavior... For me, it suggests Road Atlanta, Road America, and Road and Track.

Also I'm pretty sure Road America is older.

13. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

What's Road A? It would be R.A., and that's Road America.

And never been to Road Atlanta so I can't dis it but Road America was awesome! Speed, speed, and more speed.

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Been to Road America a few times.. been to Road A (Atlanta) several... Road A is Home.. Road America far as Hell but we'll worth the trip.. Been every year since 2010. Don't be like me and wait several years to go, do it ASAP!

15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Road Roebling

16. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

...paid attention till this. :beer:

18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

:stupid:

I'd like to visit though.

19. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

On my racing spreadsheet, I usually abbreviate Road America as Road A and Road Atlanta as Rd ATL, but I normally use the full name when talking about them.

20. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

That's both of Y'all, ya damn yankee. :D