1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rivalry Racing Needs Racers for 2006!

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by 0hi0, Nov 14, 2005.

1. 0hi0

0hi0 Husband Killing Tool

Rivalry Racing might make another go at it for 2006. I need a total of 3-4 riders, depending on Matt Macheka’s plans. The team will be using 2 F4i’s from last season which are in the process of some re-freshening. My goals are very realistic; compete for 3rd-4th place (if not better) in class in the MWSS.

I’m in a very unusual situation. I’m a 100% traveler. This means I get free rental cars and hotels. However, on the down side, I’m not always able to prepare the bikes properly before each race. So, the potential canadites will be relied upon heavily to store, prep, wrench and transport the bikes.

I’d like to break the schedule down into two people for North and another two for the South. The North crew will be responsible for Autobahn, Grattan, Summit and Nelson. The South crew will be doing Jennings, Talladega, Cycle Jam, and Barber. Miller Motorsports Park will be determined upon transportation logistics. As for the GNF, it will be the fastest of the North and South crew. If we can get two bikes to last the season, we might run two teams.

I’ve learned a few things last season so here are the rules.
    1.A spot on my roster will cost $150 non-refundable. You miss a race for ANY reason, that money will be used for transportation cost for replacement rider. $150 must be paid again before that rider runs another round.
    2.Each rider will be responsible for a “Crash Kit”. Each kit will consist of: Clutch and brake lever, shift and rear brake lever, windscreen and a clip-on tube.
    3.Crashing: If the bikes are crashed in practice, the rider will assume all repairs. The first crash a rider has during the race, the repairs will be divided between the riders for that race. The second crash, the rider will assume all crash repairs.

Costs: I’m very aware that a large lump sum is very unrealistic for most club racers. I have found that a race by race payment has worked out in the past. Costs for each race include: Oils, brakes, tires (Michelin), gas, bike transportation costs, and race fees, divided between each racer for the event. Each racer will be responsible for their practice fees.

Resumes and questions can be forwarded to [email protected]

Hank

2. 92excel

92excel Well-Known Member

People that know me, wisely yell at me when I pick up a wrench and walk towards a bike.

3. 0hi0

We learned:Poke:

But your still hella faster than me!:up:

4. 92excel

I will do whatever races you want me to do and like.

I think I already paid my $150.00

I love road atlanta

The North tracks are more physically demanding dont you think?

I'm getting older you know.

Put a 750 motor in while you are freshening up the bikes.

Matt

5. 0hi0

Cool, looks like you have some credit for the next race! Road-A kicked my butt, it's all yours! And Grattan has been the most challengeing track I've ridden so far. If you want, your in for all the rounds!

6. 0hi0

As of now, 1 north and 1 south spot open.

7. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

im glad to see you are getting things sorted out:up:

8. endurance ride

I tried your email it says " reciepent rejected or something", no problem.
    Hey Hank,
    My name is Justin Garvin and I'd be interested in filling your southern rounds If you still have a spot open.
    You sound like you have a pretty reasonable plan. I have done a fair amount of endurance racing and am currently doing 2 hour hair scramble races to prepair myself for next season. I have a fully preped 2004 SV650 that I can use for the practices so that the other riders can get as much practice as possible. I can get on any bike and adapt quickly. Just need to know which shifting pattern to set my bike up for so that I can practice that.
    As far as my reputation, I started racing in 1996 with CCS. I won Daytona LWSS in 1999(SV650). Moved on to AMA Pro Thunder in 2000( SV650 and Ducati 748) and also ran some local stuff. I competed closely for 1st or 2nd with Dave Yakov and Bob Fisher. In 2001 I ran a little AMA superbike (GSXR 750) and Supersport(GSXR600). Then kinda slowed things down after having a child and repaying my financial WOES. I started Endurance racing by doing 2 in 2002, 5 in 2003, 3 in 2004. None last year cause my wife and I were seperated. But now things are good and my plan was to just hit the lower races anyway and this would really work out great.
    Let me know,
    Thanks
    Justin 352-232-2904

9. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

I knew a girl like that

10. 0hi0

Things are shaping up really well!

One more canidate is needed for the northern rounds.

11. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

Might be interested. Resume

12. 92excel

We would likely welcome someone w/F4i experience.

13. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

"So you're tellin' me there's a chance!! What was with all that one-in-a-million talk?" :D

But seriously, I am very familiar with the bike and would like a chance. I just don't want to walk into something where I am immediately going to be the weakest link with no hopes of improving to the level of everyone else.

I have no idea what kind of lap times and such the rest of you are running, but you can look in the results from this year to see mine.

14. 92excel

I just like the cat w/the green helmet.

I'm not fast but I'm starting to get back into it. I took about 8 years off. At Grattan I did 27's & 28's that was the first ride. Then Summit I did 22's 23'sand mostly slower in the first hour. But, we'll get going better next year.

15. Dont worry about being the weekest link, just donk be the Biggest Loser.. :D
    Just kidding of course!

16. 0hi0

I heard the team owner is the weakest link, and if he doesn't improve, there might be a dump can job awaiting him.:wow:

I'll give you a call later tonight.

17. rsandy

rsandy Well-Known Member

hey matt how you been. are you guys still looking for another rider? would be interested possibly. didnt end up doing any endurance this year but i did some sprints with ccs. did some 113.5 at blackhawk and 103 flat at autobaun north track on a 600. had such a good time. didnt realize how much i missed the sport. anyway let me know, later

18. 92excel

Bob, It would be great to have you on the team. Currently we are on some older equipment but its still great fun. For sure 2007 we will have new bikes. But if you want to ride w/us your in. I'll just have to explain to Hank who you are. He asked me to help review applicants. I'll tell him you should be on the team.

By the way, I'm doing great, thank you.

If you want to call me my cell is 314-324-0316

19. 92excel

Tracktime Grasshopper, Tracktime.

20. rsandy

rsandy Well-Known Member

when is a good time to give you a call