1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rispoli Switching to the R6

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffr1ey, Jul 14, 2014.

1. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

What are you guys talking about....I'm pretty sure they dusted off that same bike again in 2012 and Sam Lowes won the WSS championship on it..lol!

Papa can confirm....

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Yup, every time they take it out of mothballs they win a title.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Probably, just swapped it from Cal's to ParkinGO to Yakahnich bodywork.

4. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

It'll be interesting to see if there is a new R6 next year. If there is if better be good because I can see it losing to the old gen bike.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Supposed to be a new R1.....I think, but haven't heard rumors of a revamped R6 yet.

[​IMG]

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Meen yes, RRF, no.There is not much love for Graves at RRF. Scott Jensen builds the engines and the team builds the chassis in Colorado. There are numerous builders out there who can build as good an R6 (or better) than Graves, and for 25% less money. Dane Westby's team, for example.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Was the P1A bike that Mr Girl Pants won Daytona with a Graves or anti-Graves bike? I remember they purposely removed any Yamaha logos from that bike because they had ZERO support.

8. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

9. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Very much anti-Graves. Perry and Chuck are NOT friends. I built some of the engines and did the tuning for that program and the rest was done in Perry's basement, with pit stop practice at my shop, and the crew sourced from the local bicycle/road racer group here in Braselton plus some ex racers like John France.

10. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

:up::up::up::up::up:

:bow::D:):beer::wow:

11. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Plugged in the Rectifier and kicked into Motorhead's "We Are the Road Crew" in your honor.

12. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

THIS.

13. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

RM, KWS, Livengood all can build some nasty R6's

I prefer mine KWS flavored and Built by the GOAT!:D

14. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

i'm happy with mine! figured out the idle issue by the way. may need a new battery. can you get me a deal on one of those fancy ballistic batteries?

15. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

Rispoli used to run Aprilias.... now that's a time trip back... lol

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

C'mon.....there is no way that could be true.:Poke:

I mean you have teamed with Hayden Gillim, to the top of the box, with a R6 and a GSXR, are you sure you know what you are talking about?:D

17. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

18. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I never really followed him, but he seems like a pretty likeable guy from that interview. Good luck to him!

19. sonicnofadz

sonicnofadz Well-Known Member

Yamaha's are for pussies :D Real mean ride disadvantaged bikes, like Kawi's !

20. caferace

caferace No.