1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Vangelis

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, May 19, 2022.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Gone at 79.
    True musical genius that helped shape the music lover I am today.
    1492 and Blade Runner soundtracks will remain electronic music masterpieces, amongst numerous others.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Has made some amazing music over the years. RIP

4. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Awesome man
    Blade runner was a seminal film and without that soundtrack that vision of a dystopian future would not have succeeded.
    In a way the movie was for the music! Sometimes things just work out that way.
    "conquest of paradise "very interesting composition for me shows the triumph of the discovery of the new world but also the music conveys the danger that death is coming for all of them it's rather ominous....

Definitely a game changer the way movies were scored.
    Who doesn't remember "chariots of fire"and it was perfection! matched for the time and the character of the people seeking triumph.

Almost 80 years,& a big man... Reports are he was seeking treatment for Covid.

A musical genius of his genre No doubt!

All I can say is, thank you maestro!

cha0s#242 likes this.
  5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Damn. I only started explicitly listening to his music maybe a year ago. When I listened to it I realized I’d already heard many of his works.

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Damn RIP.

And also Damn for not mentioning his best know Academy Award winning score to Chariots of Fire.