1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP...this sucks

Discussion in 'General' started by Cuddles de Sade, Jul 2, 2006.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

2. Brian and Jess

Brian and Jess New Member

I met Chris four years ago at our company Christmas party. He had just joined our company and I didn't know much about him. As we chatted he mentioned something about racing motorcycles and I told him about my boyfriend that was interested in learning more.

Four years later, there have been a lot of days at the track. Each time Brian would go down, Chris would get on him telling him to get back on the bike so he could learn how to keep it up on two wheels. So then I yell at Chris to leave Brian alone....and that was our group's routine. We had it down pat.

Last year Brian and I married. Prior to the engagment, Chris and Brian actually called my ring the "R6". I would buzz around cooking my experimental meals (since I am still mastering the art of cooking) and they would talk away about getting the R6 with out ever getting my attention. They thought they were so cute.

When we did get engaged my mom even said something about getting two for one with the guys. Chris was a friend to both of us and that suited me fine.

Lately, there haven't been as many track days. Instead Chris comes over on occasion, usually to eat, and every evening, Brian and I will hang out until 10pm and then Brian and Chris "battle" on their video games with their head sets. I even watch sometimes because it was so funny to see them chase each other around and gripe at each other about what a sorry player the other one is.

Chris was a great man, with a big heart. He made our everyday lives better.

Chris, we know you're looking down on us. Please keep us safe and know that we would do anything to have you back. Rest in peace.

Jessi

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

My deepest sympathy to Chris's family and friends and the WERA racing community. This is one of the toughest aspects to deal with in this sport we all love.

Rest in peace brother.

4. Brian and Jess

Brian and Jess New Member

Big Purm, you were my best friend I ever had. I miss you so much. Keep an eye over your loved ones. Send me a sign once in a while so ill know your checking up on Jess and I. We love you and will miss you Purm.

Brian and Jess

5. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

So Sad. Gods Speed. -John Deuser

6. MidnightRider

MidnightRider Well-Known Member

I didn't personally know the guy but I wish I did. I'm sure I saw him around the paddock area somewhere.
    Can anyone post a picture of him? I would like to put a face with the name.

R.I.P. Chris Stevenson

God Bless.

7. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

RIP and godspeed to Chris........our prayers go out for your family and loved ones........

8. LazyGun

LazyGun Member

Chris was pretty much the first person that my wife met when she moved back to America. She got a job at the same company as him, and they hit it off immediately. So when I moved over, I was a tad suspicious of this tall good looking dude my (then girlfriend) wife kept talking about. I started working as a contractor at the same company a few weeks later, and met Chris. He is probably the nicest guy I have met since moving here, and he was always really friendly, and always helped you out when you needed it. My wife even set him up with her sister (how many people can you say you have done that for? :) ).

About 3 months after he left that job, he called me and asked if I was interested in working somewhere else. 2 weeks later I was working with him again. 3 weeks after that, my wife joined this company as well. So Chris has been fairly influential on my career over the last couple of years.

Then he persuaded me to buy a bike, and I have been to the track with him a couple of times. I always the slow one out there, but he was really good about encouraging people, and I always had a good time. I just wish we had done it more often.

So wherever you are now mate, we both miss you. Who am I going to chat with every monday morning about how crap those MotoGP boys are?

Rest in peace mate.

Love

Richard and Angela

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Here's a shot of Chris with hair on the EX he sold to Doug Reese that was just sent to me from the Vigluicci's

Attached Files:

10. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

I wasnt at cycle jam due to a previous committment...I'm glad I wasnt there. Chris was a friend of mine, one of the first I met at the track in 2000 when I first started. He helped me quite a bit as we both rode EX500s with the big motors and all of they're inherent problems. We pitted together off and on through the years and it was truly a pleasure to be around him and his mom and dad at the track. Actually, Chris got his dad on the track and he raced a few times. When I was a novice at RRR, Chris came past me on the front straight and flipped my kill switch as he rode by. I'll never forget the grin he had..he'll probably never forget the terror on my face ! I saw Chris not long ago at the Vortex on his Harley, we had a good talk. I didnt know it would be the last. I'll miss you a lot, thanks for everything....

Kith

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think the last time I had a chance to talk to Chris at any length was at the Vortex, waved to him every time by this past weekend but will always regret never taking more time to talk a bit.

12. duc35crew

duc35crew Well-Known Member

Does anyone have arrangement or contact info? Chris told us Sat that his parents had moved back to NC a few months ago and that's all we know. Thanks.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing right now, I will post as soon as I know for sure. In the meantime posting here is good, I know some of his family is reading how you all felt about Chris.

14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

RIP Chris. Prayers to all family members.

15. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

thats a great picture because thats how i remember him everytime i saw him in the pits.

16. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Memories of Chris

This sad news has weighed heavily on me. I met Chris when he started riding his dads RD350 in F-RD and F-500 around 2001/2002 he always had a smile on his face and more than made up for being outgunned HP wise with his riding ability. He pitted with us on a regular basis, Lyn Garland doing the mechanical work on the RD. He was an inspiration to me as I started racing again, always encouraging me, showing me repeatedly just how fast an RD could be ridden. I had many memorable races with Chris in that period, the wheel to wheel 3 way battle at the spring opener at Roebling in 2002 between Lyn Garland, Chris and myself was a fantastic race (I may have some pictures of Chris from this race). I believe I last spoke with him at Road A last July, I will miss him at the track… My thoughts and prayers are with his family…… :( Gods Speed Chris….

17. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Wow......we are speechless. We talked in our pits Saturday during the races.

RIP Chris.

18. R6#486

R6#486 Shockin the Shockers!!

RIP and Godspeed fellow racer!!!:(

19. 1anoney

1anoney The next member

godspeed Chris

20. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

The Greensboro News and Record has a short orbit today and it said the arrangements are incomplete at this time.

I still can't believe he's gone.:(
    The picture of him with hair was cool. Thank you.:)