1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Old Friend

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP69, May 15, 2021.

1. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

517660CA-A30C-439C-8AFE-E499C20F7A23.jpeg I made the mistake of leaving my 11 year old, $200 Motion Pro digital tire gauge in my trailer (in enclosed storage). I guess it got below freezing because it puked out some fluid and no longer works. I loved that damn gauge. I have one of the newer ones too, but it’s just not the same.

2. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

You can buy just the gauge and replace it. Winter's is popular in the commercial world. I have the same one, I believe I got it at FW Webb. Great gauge.
    EDIT:
    I see Winters did change to a different model, Mine must be one of the older ones too

EDIT EDIT:
    I've been using this one alot lately from Longacre, You can fill and adjust pressure in one shot.
    https://www.longacreracing.com/prod...Filled-2½”-GID-Quick-Fill-Tire-Gauge-0-60-psi

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm glad it was only your gauge, I was worried this was a thread on another dog going to heaven.

henry_carlson, wsmc42, Senna and 6 others like this.
  4. MotoGP69

Yeah, I guess the title is a little dramatic. Sorry about that.

5. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Made a similar mistake years, and years ago. All my precision stuff is stored in a cabinet above my dryer now. Torque wrenches, good air gauges, dial calipers, heavy straight edges, etc. Climate control...

6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Me too !!
    Glad it's not a !

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Same here.

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Why would a digital gauge need fluid? :confused:
    I mean, otherwise, doesn't the fluid just dampen the motion of an analog needle?
    At any rate, they sell blinker fluid at AutoZone, tho' I doubt you'll need a gallon.
    :D

Sorry for your loss. It sucks losing a calibrated tool. :(

9. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Maybe the battery.

10. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Fluid?

Digital gauges have a transducer. If there was fluid in there, that's probably why it isn't working.

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Nothing wrong with pitching that old head and replacing it with a high quality glycerin or non filled mech gauge. These can be found at any supply house and maybe Amazon? Don't be cheap and find a zero to 60 with good accuracy. Then check it against a known control gauge like most tire guys have on their trucks on a regular basis.

12. MotoGP69

Maybe I’ll take it apart and see. It’s definitely wet and crusty, and the thing uses 2 C batteries.