1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Abraham Stacey

Discussion in 'General' started by LBC#20, Nov 6, 2010.

1. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

Thank you everyone for your kind words and sharing different memories of Abe. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that tonight and tomorrow are going to be extremely hard, and the only thing that helps is knowing that Abe woke up each morning and layed down every night regret free. Again thank you all, but most of all thank you Abraham Stacey for being such a great friend and caring person. I'll be looking for you one day with my tuxedo t-shirt on, formal but there to party. It was a honor my friend :(

2. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

RIP Abe. :(

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Sorry I couldn't make it down tonite. I heard about the number of people that came to pay their respects and how his bike and trailer were there. I'm sure Abe was watching and smiling. RIP brother.

4. bodell

bodell Green Racing Advocate

I just returned from the wake this evening. It is amazing how many lives Abe touched. There was a two hour line of friends and family waiting to see him.

Abe was in full leathers beside his bike and proud display of trophies. On top of his tank was his WERA 750 Championship trophy with a yellow Dunlop Champions hat.

The crowd was filled with red eyes and Southern Motor Sports shirts. I noticed race numbers beside some of the names in the register, so I followed suit.

It was a racer's funeral. It suited him.

I am including a photo of the sticker I was given by one of Abe's buddies. I put it where I would see it.

[​IMG]

5. forceten

forceten Well-Known Member

6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

7. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

8. JBaucom

JBaucom Well-Known Member

Been out of town all weekend, just saw this. I'm in shock. I've only met Abe a couple of times, but enough to know he was a great, fun-loving guy.
    Godspeed. You will be missed.

9. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

I just found out about this. Abe was incredible to watch and we pulled for him every time he was on the AMA grid. Godspeed Abe.

10. g'vegasrr

g'vegasrr #131

Thanks for that forceten. The On the Throttle interview is priceless. Typical Abe.

11. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I'm heartbroken. I just happened to look at the top of the page and my stomach turned. I've known Abe for years. RIP friend.

12. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

It was proud to call Abe my friend. We met just a couple of years ago and would hang out at the tracks and share insights on our bikes as we both rode Suzuki's. He always had a grin on his face and a kind word of encouragement if things weren't going well for you. His character was as strong as his handshake.

The memorial service last night was absolutely packed with friends and relatives from all over. His bike, many trophies and a memorial video of his life and racing accomplishments were on display for all to see.

I will miss you Abe, both in the paddock and out. Although your time here was short, I am honored to have known you.

Fair winds and following seas my friend......

13. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

RIP Abe....

14. tylerl

tylerl Well-Known Member

Rest in peace. I am honored to have known you, and you will be missed.

15. true520

true520 Well-Known Member

I met Abe when I was coming from road racing to dirt bike racing...he was wanting to go from the dirt to the asphalt, so we became buddies immediately!
    Steph and I have known him and kelly for over 10 years now. It was always fun watching him go after, learn and eventually becoming succesful at his dream...while Kelly supported every effort it took.
    Abe was very proud of the #1 WERA plate and the 15th place he earned at the last AMA 600 race of ther year. Just like many of you here, we were very proud of him too.
    Abe called me the day he was headed to Marshal NC to meet up with Jamie James. He was very excited what he was learning from such a legend of this sport. I broke down immediately when I recived the call telling me he had not returned home. It is still so hard to believe a man with such passion, dedication, and potential had fallen in a straight piece of highway...especially in a big ass diesel truck!
    The racer support was very obvious today at Abe's going home services. WERA's own chaplin done a stand up job speaking of Abe and then leading us all in the last pryer of his services.
    Not only was the WERA force strong in this one, Abe's force was obviously strong through out the racing community.
    God Speed my Friend...it is unbelievable how much I will miss you!

Mitch

16. gsniper

gsniper Active Member

RIP Abe...

My prayers go out to the Family. It was always a joy to see you and your Family at the track. You will truly be missed.

Thomas V. Moore II

17. twooly

twooly Member

it has been years since my last post on here. i meet this guy like many of you, as he passed me on the last lap during a race at VIR. when we got back to the pits it got worse when i realized that he was pitted right beside me. so i did what many of us would have done,,, went over and kick dirt on his tires and became friends with this guy. it wasn't to long after that we were competing for the same spot on a race team. once it looked like we both had made it we became even better friends to include both our wives. soon that opportunity had went sour for both of us and i bounced out of racing and he bounced back with a bigger and better team. his personality was better than his racing and that was an inspiration times two for me. Kelly his wife is equally as fun to be around. she and my wife became great freinds too. things won't be the same with out him, but he still puts a smile on my face when i think about how he would light up a room that was already well lit.

god speed abe!
    tim

18. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

RIP Abe

19. MES Racing

MES Racing Well-Known Member

Just had to share this. I saw a pic of Abe racing today and it brought back memories of my very first race weekend. Abe was the first person I meet at the track. One of the nicest people I'm ever had the pleasure to met. He was helping a friend of his get started. It's been raining and gloomy all morning at my house. As I was getting ready to go out, I started running memories of Abe through my head and at the SAME time the SUN broke through the clouds and brightened up the inside of my house like you couldn't imagine. It felt like Abe and God were shining down on me. Pretty awesome.