1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ride height

Discussion in 'Tech' started by riopko, Feb 28, 2004.

1. riopko

riopko Slowest Expert Ever

I put a fox twin clicker on the rear of my FZR. One of the advantages was the ride height adjustabilty as I tend to drag parts. If I raise the rear by 10 MM, do I raise the front 10mm to stay neutral in handling. I want to increase ride hight without a big handling change. Help :confused:

2. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

What lb spring are you using. FOX under sprung those shocks in almost all rider weights. Also, are you using a 17" rear.

3. riopko

Still running 18" wheel with Bridgestone slicks. The shock is a unit I picked up used, fresh rebuild with their choice of spring for 220lb rider. I weigh about 240 but rode all last CCS season on stock shock so I think this spring will be ok for a while. (spring was free) I did a track day without a change to the front end but I kept the stock height setting on that shock. Big inprovement, but it is still a little low. Looking to use the ride hieght to get a little more lift.

4. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Go ahead and raise the rear. I wouldn't go more than the 10mm though. Also, I would have the front in the stock postion. You should notice that the bike turns in quicker. And is maybe a little less stable at speed.

About that spring rate. FZRs like a heavy spring. I use a 800 lb one, and weigh 160. FOX list a 600 lb spring for my weight. The strongest spring they list for the fizzer is 700 lb. That maybe what you have. You need at mininum, the 800 lb one.

5. riopko

Thanks for the input:)

6. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

No problem. If you make Barber in April, drop by. I'll have my three fizzers there.

7. Steve Fahey

Steve Fahey I need a new avatar

I have a FZR swingarm and Fox shock grafted to my FZ600...I weigh 215 and have a 950lb spring. You can get any spring you need at Hyperco

As far as ride height is concerned, there are many variables to consider. The various suspension guys will be able to give you some help. Traxxions "Suspension for Mortals" is a good starting point to learn for yourself.

Good luck!

Last edited: Feb 29, 2004