1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rich white folks....at it again

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, May 19, 2017.

1. sdg

sdg *

Bet the insurance pays more than its actually worth...

2. joec

joec brace yourself

I bet the insurance points to some negligence loop hole. Lol. I do know that transat boats and things of that sort have problems with insurance. Response times and different countries have varying maritime laws. I don't know a ton about it. But I've seen it mentioned in blogs.

3. joec

joec brace yourself

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Wonder if he passed on getting insurance from the shipping agent? :eek:

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

6. joec

joec brace yourself

Id think the southern ocean will be way more difficult. They don't have keels, so have to be on foil to be stable it would seem. I don't think the dark will be much of an issue. But keeping one up with 3 reefs in the sails might be difficult.

7. Foils don’t work at night? :)

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Having to foil thru the Southern Ocean...at night...on no sleep....or maybe broach/cap/sink/die....I think Id rather dive with crocs at night in Mexico.

kangasj and joec like this.
  9. ChemGuy

No. They're Union.

motoracer1100 and brex like this.
  10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The foiling monos are bad ass.

[​IMG]

joec likes this.
  11. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I really wonder how well they work on heavy seas with really gusty winds. I'll pass.

12. It’s a cool bit of tech what in theory isn’t too complicated but the execution sure is. A lot of stress and strains in certain areas that could be pretty catastrophic if they failed.

13. Just a $3/hr premium for night shift then?

14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Integrate a trim angle on the foils with heel angle kind of like the moth does with the wand? More heel then trim for more lift of the leeward foil and maybe less lift on the rudder foil to keep from pitching???

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Wtf did you just say?

scottn, rcarson15 and brex like this.
  16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Uses shit to keep shit like this from happening.

[​IMG]

2blueYam, Steeltoe and joec like this.
  17. Jed

Jed mellifluous

These fuckers are amazing though.

[​IMG]

18. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Was always a fan of this as a kid without really knowing much about it besides cheering for Dennis Conners and Young America eventually. On my honeymoon in Portugal I staying down the street from the harbor where they have/had a tour stop. You could feel the money in the air.

joec likes this.
  19. ChemGuy

Been there.
    Done that.

Smaller cat though...

You know they say the motor runs the strongest...right before it blows up?

Flying a hull on a cat is amazing. And you go the fastest...right before that happens. And your thinking I got this I got this...fuuuccc....splash.

:D

20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

It is for racing, not cruising around the open ocean. If conditions are too rough, they don't race.
    Looks like a dog with it's leg up taking a pee. A really cool expensive dog that is.