1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restoration of The 2nd Amendment ??

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Britt, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

daaaaaaamn.

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Yeah, pretty sure states don’t have the power to nullify any Federal law or prevent Feds from enforcing the law. This is nice, but just political grandstanding just like the whacko bills leftists introduce.

4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I'll take Sanctuary Cities for 100 Alex.

5. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I’ll take marijuana for 500

6. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

You can have them, but why would you want them?? :D

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I was going to post this but hadn't had a chance. First off, Yay Missouri!!! But yes, while states cannot nullify federal law, they can, and often do, ignore them and/or refuse to enforce them. I'm not real clear on whether the idea of arresting federal agents has any teeth, but in practice, without local support, federal law enforcement can't accomplish much.

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

It's in the text..
    But will it hold up in a federal court?
    Yes. The bill’s main provision calling on the entire state to cease enforcing federal gun control measures stands on solid legal ground under the anti-commandeering doctrine. Court precedent from 1842 to 2012 stipulates that the feds simply cannot require a state to help them violate your Constitutional rights, and allows states the power to refuse to enforce such federal laws it deems unConstitutional. Besides, the feds simply don’t have the manpower to do it at the state level without the assistance and partnership of state and local agencies.

9. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

There are a few other states that passed a version of this. I'll have to search, I can't recall which ones I think OK or KS?

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well what do you know. Those hay seeds got something right, good on them. :beer:

11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

In the big picture, I think that this shows the direction of how things are going to change. Nazca lines are being drawn in this country that you can see from another galaxy.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I believe Alabama did something similar a few years ago.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Court precedent from "1842 to 2012" is what I'm wondering about. Did something happen in 2012 that reversed the previous 170 years of precedent?

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Good for them. Then when the LWNs demand it taken to the SC and shot down, the same can be applied to sanctuary city laws.

15. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I wish the federal funds/support would disappear when they do these things. Like CA when they said they didnt need Feds...and then called out about that dam that was about to break when the weather got bad

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I am of the thinking that it is multiple cases across those years, in full support of States Rights.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

DC v Heller was 2008 and is looked upon as settling the 2A question. In 2012 US 7th appeals upheld it for carry rights. Is all I could find.

18. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Balkanization is our destiny.

SpeedyE and SGVRider like this.
  19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

If we can excise Austin, Houston, El Paso and Dallas; Texas will be a great Republic again.

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

That can arguably be said about every single State, subtract their inner Cities and the State's would flourish again. Well, as long as the Dem politicians go with them. You'd be amazed how much of NY State and NJ are red county wise.

I've said it in here years ago, I absolutely see this country splitting, I don't know how but it's gotten so volatile I can't see us unifying again. Not even sure another 9/11 would do it.

On a side note, if not mistaken, didn't someone there also just write a bill that would require every household to own/buy an AR15, even offered a tax incentive for low-income families....LOL!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Britt likes this.