1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Respirator needed for my RN daughter

Discussion in 'General' started by Jon Wilkens, May 7, 2020.

1. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have a half-resperator that my daughter can use until we can find a permanent solution?

She is an RN in Denver working a covid unit, and hospital is running out of N95 masks. Here is her text to me this morning..."I'm sorry for the very early text message but I would forget if I didn't do it now. So the hospital is running out of N95 masks and will be forcing us to share the half mask respirator that I already have. To keep people from having their own mask, they will be "recalling" the respirator I have and I won't be able to use it. Their advice if we are worried about sharing respirators is to "buy your own!" So I just wanted to see if you knew anyone with a respirator they are willing to give up or if you could help me find one. It's going to be impossible but I would appreciate any help. I am livid that I have to do this but I can't change it. I appreciate anything you can do. Love you!"

I can bitch and moan later...just need to find my kid a mask and any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Have her call the auto parts stores, looking for a paint respirator. Pretty sure we still had a couple on the shelf last weekend.

Edit: just checked, we have a couple. I’m headed there in 30, I’ll post up what they are exactly and get the price for them.

StaccatoFan, tawzx12r and Jon Wilkens like this.
  3. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

You need to ask her what brand filters she has available to get the correct mask. Also what size mask she wears.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  4. Jon Wilkens

I'll get that info when she wakes up...

5. Jon Wilkens

That would be great. I'll PM you my number.

6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I have 2 N95 masks in my basement that I've never used. I am happy to send them to her if she will use them. PM me an address and I'll ship them to her.

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Get all of this figured out, and I'll cover the costs of getting her what she needs.

Shenanigans, Razr, Steeltoe and 2 others like this.
  8. Jon Wilkens

She had been wearing a North 7700-30S and using filters N7500-1

9. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

The power of the beeb comes through again!

This place/community rocks!

SundaySocial and Jon Wilkens like this.
  10. Jon Wilkens

It really is scary sometimes. lol

11. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I'll pay for it if somebody can get her one.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  12. Otis

Otis Well-Known Member

A 3M option if they can be found 99.97% efficiency, I like it better than the N95 and the filter life is longer with it having a vent.

Attached Files:

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

i have the half or full face 3M ones with N95 filters. shoot me your address or go for a ride and we meet half way.

they are both used but the filters are new and in good condition

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  14. Jon Wilkens

I am pretty sure they have strict guidelines on which filters they can use. Being in a covid unit, they are minimum N95. She is checking to see what other options there are.

15. Jon Wilkens

I messaged you. Thanks

16. Jon Wilkens

Much appreciated and very generous. We got any costs covered...just finding the right mask/filters for her.

17. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Ill take a photo of the box of the two I have and like I said if they are what she needs I'll get them out to her ASAP. I'll post up the pic her in 30 minutes.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  18. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Respirators w/ vents are fine for woodworking, painting, or whatever, hospitals are starting to ban the vented ones because while it protects the nurse from infected patients, it doesn't do the inverse.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  19. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Let me know if she can use them.
    [​IMG]

Steeltoe and Jon Wilkens like this.
  20. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

The all mighty and powerful Beeb makes stuff happen again!

My daughter is an OR RN, and they had similar issues early on. I am saying many prayers for your daughter's and families health and safety, Jon. It's as serious of situation that I could possibly imagine. I'm happy my elderly Mom passed away last fall.

Jon Wilkens likes this.