1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resetting fault code on 16-19 ZX10R with Kit ECU

Discussion in 'Tech' started by moto316, Nov 22, 2019.

1. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

Anyone know how to reset the fault codes with a kit ecu installed? I've got a lingering ECU code 39 from when my battery died at cycle jam a few years ago I believe. There's procedures to reset it with the stock ecu and keyswitch, but with the kit stuff you don't have access to a key switch anymore. @DDK732 would you know possibly?

2. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

moto316 likes this.
  3. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

The kit ECU will automatically erase codes when they are resolved. If you still have a code coming up then there’s still an issue.

39 has to do with the CAN line. If you have something plugged in to the CAN line it may be causing the issue. I would check your CAN line and connector and go from there.

Attached Files:

moto316 likes this.
  4. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

Ended up being an issue with how I wired up my i2m chrome dash to the power supply. Had it going to the distribution block/relay that the battery leads connect to. I thought the negative terminal of that was a ground but it turns out it gets switched during engine start, cutting the power to the dash momentarily. Doh.

DDK732 and jd41 like this.