1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reputable 2 stroke tuners(west coast)

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by tomzilla808, Oct 31, 2018.

1. tomzilla808

tomzilla808 Member

Hey Ed!! Small world[emoji2] Once I get a few things squared away this bike will be headed to Chuckwalla for a shakedown [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Edward Hannigan likes this.
  2. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

Truth LMAO
    "That clutch basket you sent is a piece of JUNK!!"
    Diplomacy is not his strong suit.
    But I couldn't care less.:D
    He'll have my 4DP in better nick than when it was brand new.

3. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

PS Tom:
    Roland worked on Erv Kanemoto's RS250 Honda GP bike back in the day...
    just sayin:bow:

tomzilla808 likes this.
  4. tomzilla808

tomzilla808 Member

His reputation precedes him. I'm sure my bike will be in great hands. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

5. peterleduc

peterleduc Well-Known Member

I saw your clutch at Roland’s tonight, it was completely trashed, broken all over the place. He doesn’t need diplomacy to let you know what you sent his is complete junk.

Just sayin’
    Peter

6. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

Was sent to him as a whole, albeit repaired, basket. He said it was serviceable, but only in a pinch. So I ok'd him to cannibalize it for parts (hence it's torn down condition when you saw it)
    to be used in a new, aftermarket basket.

Just Sayin'

7. peterleduc

peterleduc Well-Known Member

The one Roland showed me must not have been yours. It was broken beyond being even remotely serviceable. Inner and outer were broken.

8. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it was the year Cadalora won the championship with Erv's team.

tomzilla808 likes this.
  9. tomzilla808

tomzilla808 Member

Just offhand, does anyone have any of the parts/service manuals in english? Gecko had, but only in Japanese....

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

11. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

This whole thing makes me very happy. Ed tried to get me into bikes when I was a youngster. Never liked them. Didn't know the class of people that I was hanging around.

I am very proud to have been mentored by Ed when I was a new Coasty. Wish I would have gotten the two wheel bug when I had the chance.

Thanks Ed as always for helping me out all these years. Wish I could have afforded to run that bike!

I will be riding at chuckwalla in May hope to see the bike again.

tomzilla808 likes this.
  12. DrWhom

DrWhom New Member

I have one of Roland's custom swing arms, fits twin shock TZ250's, RD350's. Of course it's trick. Needs a good home, if the group here knows of anyone.
    Terry Knight gave it a black powder coat, oh around 1984, otherwise it's completely as designed and built.