1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Repurposed Tire Clocks

Discussion in 'Other' started by boomguy, Dec 16, 2020.

1. boomguy

boomguy Member

Hello everyone,

This seems to be the best Forum to post these in. I make various metal artwork and have a couple clocks that I've made up for sale. These two are handmade out of brushed stainless steel and a used set of little bike Bridgestone RS-10s. Each number is hand cut, then meticulously ground from an acid etched template, and then finished with either color or polish before it is TIG welded onto the clock face. If you are interested in purchasing one of these or even having one built in the style that you want, feel free to message me directly to discuss that.

Here is the Imgur album of the clocks: https://imgur.com/a/tKwXf3F (Apologies for the poor lighting in the garage, it doesn't do the clocks justice on how they look.)

Thank you for looking and Happy Holidays everyone!

pjdoran, Tim Dobbertin and joec like this.
  2. jasonhise

jasonhise Well-Known Member

The link doesn't show (me at least) anything...

3. boomguy

boomguy Member

Dang it. I thought I had it fixed. What is it saying for you?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

4. jasonhise

jasonhise Well-Known Member

Shows on my iPhone but not laptop... Pretty damned cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. boomguy

boomguy Member

Well at least it's working somewhere. Thank you! I really appreciate hearing that!

jasonhise likes this.
  6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

See it fine on my android. Cool clocks!!

boomguy likes this.
  7. boomguy

boomguy Member

Thank you!

8. Tim Dobbertin

Tim Dobbertin Well-Known Member

Pretty badass! What kind of price range we talking? Would it be possible to have the inner assembled and then me install into a tire of my own?

9. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

I second Tim's questions, and are the clocks plug in or battery powered?

10. boomguy

boomguy Member

Thank you! It seems like the majority of interest is in people mounting the clock face to the tires themselves. I think that will work much better than me mounting it to the tire, and it will save money on shipping them back and forth. I will supply all the hardware needed for mounting the clock face to the tire. As for pricing, $350 for the clock face with the individually ground numbers. Less for the style I have attached since it takes a lot less time to cut those numbers out. If you want a logo or your race number etched into the clock like in the attached photo that will cost a little bit extra. If you have any further questions feel free to message me and I will get back to you as quickly as I can. I work weekends so responses can be sporadic during the day but I will do by best to respond quicky. [​IMG]

pjdoran likes this.
  11. boomguy

boomguy Member

Forgot to respond to this in the previous paragraph. These are battery powered movements. I order them from a company in California and they are even made in the USA!

12. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

PM sent