1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Starter for SUV

Discussion in 'General' started by gaines1016, Oct 12, 2009.

1. gaines1016

gaines1016 Well-Known Member

hey guys,
    im sure we have some people with experience with remote starts, we probably even have some installers on the board.

im looking for some suggestions on brands/models to look into. personal experience with certain models would be great.

my needs are basic. start the car from my cubicle at work. im probably 100 yards away from my parking space in a concrete/block building. when i press the button i want to know that the vehicle either started or didnt. i imagine there are starters that show you if the vehicle is running or not on the key fob. vehicle has factory installed alarm and keyless. i dont really need anything more but if it is easier to just install aftermarket then keep the factory stuff then that is fine.

i would love some opinions on my options from you guys in the know on this subject. are these things do it yourself install in you are mechanically inclined?