1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember when......

Discussion in 'General' started by SpEd, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

I forgot all about sea monkeys. I also had Donnie and Marie Osmond Barbie Dolls. But, GI Joe was my favorite b/c I liked the Jeep that came along with him. Charlie's Angels was my favorite show. I had a Cobra matchbox car like Cheryl Tiggs'.

Oh yeah- Apple Jacks rule! Still. [​IMG]

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

a bit of worhtless trivia. in the wizard of oz. there is a scene where one of the midgets that didnt get the the job he wanted or any job ar something, anyway. you can see him hang himself in the background during one of the scenes. kinda creepy

3. PKS

PKS Happiness is belt fed!

I never noticed that. I was always too busy hiding from the witch and ducking so the flying monkeys couldn't get me. [​IMG]

4. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

right after the witch throws fire at the scarecrow, its not true. [​IMG]

5. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

Tonka trucks made of metal

Real snow cones that froze into a solid lump of ice and sugar water, not some sissy shaved ice stuff

Bazooka gum for a penny

Dime stores

Funky Town

[​IMG]

6. stickboy274

i guess thats the worthless part

7. SpEd

SpEd poor impulse control

[HeadHanginInShame]
    I can't believe I am going to admit this......I still have a Kiss CD. Destroyer. Hasn't been played in a few years but it is on the shelf. I can't get rid of a CD, I am up to over 500, 3500 mp3's. It's true I even own The Immaculate Collection by Madonna.[/HeadHangingInShame]

Ok back to normal now, well nevermind.

8. SpEd

OK here is a recent one but it still makes me giggle like a little girl.....Happy Gilmore. Can't get enough of that dvd.
    Evil Dead2?

Tape Heads, anyone remember this one? I never could figure out if it was any good. I even made Shelli watch it recently. I think I like it just because the Lords of the New Church are in it.

9. PKS

LOL, Ed, don't feel bad, my vinyl collection includes all of Elton John's stuff, The Carpenters, The Mills Brothers, and the Smithsonian Collection of Big Band Jazz.

CD collection covers everything from Garth Brooks to classical (baroque) to David Gilmour's solo albums, with some Celtic and Spanish language stuff thrown in for interesting diversity.

Hey, you people already knew I was weird!

10. stickboy274

so, ed is a 'moe, and pks is even farther out there than we thought. ok

11. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

I haven't seen that movie in so long that I forgot the Lords of the New Church were in it. Good eye, Ed. I used to listen to them and The Alarm on the School bus when I was a kid. The Cramps as well.

12. SpEd

?????????????????????????????????????

c'mon on now talk to me like I'm four.

13. GSXRGUY

GSXRGUY Guest

The shame is I actually have an album by Reba Jackson [​IMG]

------------------
    Michael Roberson #66
    Robey's Racing

[This message has been edited by GSXRGUY (edited 01-05-2002).]

14. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Count Chocula was da bomb back in the day. [​IMG]

Remember those old SST motorcycle toys that had the little zip cord you pulled to make them go? I had all the sets with ramps and really put a hurting on them when I'd use them outside. [​IMG]

15. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

I played with one of those in the pits at Laguna Seca 2 years ago. I wish the passerby had left it sitting around a little longer. [​IMG]

16. SpEd

Nothing wrong with this part. I love old jazz. That Harlem big band stuff where every song was about a hooker, heroin, pot, etc.. Those guys were the original punks.I also love just plaon old jazz, Charlie Parker has to be my favorite. I have a lot of that stuff. Also old country, the real thing not that country-pop-light rock crap on the radio now. Hank Sr., Johnny Cash, I love the old stuff.

17. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

No likey the Jazz, well, most of it anyway. Old Country however, very nice. Ed, are you familiar with High Noon? Very traditional rockabilly/country. I can send it on, or if i can figure out how to find folks on morpheus i'll just download it.

18. PKS

I can't take the old country; stuff makes my skin crawl and scares the cat. I'd rather listen to old R&B and beach music; I love the oldies station when I'm in the car! It brings back some great memories; first concert ever was the Beach Boys. [​IMG]

19. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Just use that 18 foot satellite dish that's sticking out of your ass to contact them. [​IMG]

20. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Okay, someone needs to give me the scoop on Morpheus. I need a new place to download music now that Napster has been screwed. [​IMG] (First song I downloaded off Napster- Copa Cabana. [​IMG] )