1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember the big grids??

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Dyle, Nov 18, 2011.

1. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Woody, sounds like you had two of the best teachers to sit behind this season. It's hard work getting around those heavyweight guys......especially nation champion ones!

2. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

It's definately been educational to say the least. Look forward to what the 2012 season brings :beer: Heard you were at GNF. Surprised we didn't get a chance to meet. Or if we did and I don't remember, I'm blaming the booze :cool:

3. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I was the guy running around dressed like I was a UPS guy.........picking up motors.......delivering bodywork here.........passing out pasta business cards there.............getting tires changed.........delivering pimp awards..........watching races between.

Not much time to visit........left before the awards and cookout.

:beer:

4. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Woody I dont know how you missed him. He was the only guy there that stands 8' 11 inches tall.

5. rwood64083

Dyle, doesn't everyone look exceptionally tall to people like you and I? :Poke:
    :D

6. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Lol.......a little small time humor.....ha.

7. Dyle

I think you may be taller than I am Woody. Funny though I remember Chuck being taller than he really is. And it had been so long since I seen Gypsy(Lurch) I almost didnt recognize him. That and hes gained like 75lbs.

8. rwood64083

Television will do that to a person :crackup:

9. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Oh please.......it's not my fault that they make motorcycles so small these days.

For the record, I only gained 20 pounds........I moved up from the 160 size spare tire to a 180 for a better contact patch.

10. rwood64083

Speaking of contact patch: theoretically, doesn't added weight/gravitational mass pushing downward on a tire (therefore giving it a more 'flattened out' appearance) give it a better contact patch? I'm just saying! :D If this is true, no wonder I slip and slide in corners :crackup:

11. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

wrong

I was the last to get in on it

12. Dyle

Well maybe one of the last few. Ill be running the SB motor next year. Gotta get some miles outta all that money I spent.

13. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Maybe so, but you were the first to actively search for hop up parts. Before that it was a run what you found in the pile class. In my case, it was run the pile.

14. Dyle

Stick you always say that about that old bike, but how many times did it leave you sitting with a DNF or DNS?? I think that pile was pretty consistant.....typical Honda reliability. Always there when you need it.

15. stickboy274

It's reliable, but for the longest time it only turned left. Then after a couple of years I saved up and got a new triple and swingarm. Then it sucked both directions instead of just one.

It's been good to me, but it was far from a proper race bike

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

And at one point the suspension didn't even move on it. Seems Stick was working on setting it up so Fat Albert could be fast on it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  17. stickboy274

It was fine. It moved side to side just like it was supposed to.

18. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Back in the day..........

I am going to have to agree with Stickboy on this one KJ.............it's about who violated the "arms treaty" first. We all had stock motors in the beginning except Melch and one off competators.

"HRC kit box".......If I remember correctly........It was the first shot heard around the V7 world.

No biggy...............it is a superbike rules class............lol.

.........and this Fat Albert comment.......very insensative.........you are going to hurt Alfredo's feelings with comments like that......he's a nice guy.....lol.

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Can I call him Alfredo Grande?

20. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Sounds like a Starbucks drink.....

I will be out there next year with my Kawi and OEM Standard Kawi parts built motor lol....NO HRC Kit parts, no Kawi Kit parts, no Muzzy motor, not even any portwork!:rolleyes:

Hopefully there will be one more V7 bike on the grid once I get his bike done....