1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember the big grids??

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Dyle, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm still trying to figure out when that became an insult rather than a basic description of racers in general :D

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I sure don't know. I think it sums up the group pretty well.

3. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Stick you being the V7 Vet in our group we had learned our full of shitness from the master pimp daddy.

This thread did turn out to be real good. I started it just reminissing about the good old days when I was young(er). Im glad it opened up so many points. I cant wait to see how it turns out. I just want to be healthy enough to race next season. Anything else is icing on the cake.

4. charles

charles The Transporter

How could we sum up this august thread?

There are several very good points raised, some corresponding issues raised, and only one insult (French taunting at best)...

Someone with acute, practiced literary and pedagogical skills should step forth and lay down a sublime vintage racing rap, lest we be misguided in our continuing efforts to reach vintage organizational nirvana. There is such a thing, you know, as cerebral overload. Simplicity is the necessary ingredient in these troubled times; less is more.

Comparing WERA with AHRMA is fruitless; both have different missions, historical backgrounds, and managerial structure. It is similar, for example, to comparing the Northern Tree Shrew with the Naked Mole-Rat.

5. stickboy274

That was my stripper name in the early 90's

I think I went tot he prom with one of those.

6. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

What's a good mental-image-eraser that's work-safe??? :wow:

7. stickboy274

Glad I could help make your day a little brighter Carl. :D

8. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

I respectfully request that 6HW be withdrawn from that statement.
    RH #129 is not.:tut: The rest of us, well that's another story. :beer: :D :p

9. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Cliff note addition....for v6/v7 crowd....
    V6hwt/ v7 race double header weekends with the modern guys. Limit the number of races in each region to make each race more important. In theory make a bigger grid.....racers want to race with more racers.

Don't know if the will be a seperate vintage/obsolete gnf prior to the modern gnf.....people prefer the premier tracks for a gnf show down.

All racers are full of sh!t......I'm working on Ray, he is a little slow to the way of the BS'er, but he has potential.

The plane will not take off if there is no air flowing and lift on the wing.
    Cheeseburgers vs hamburgers, read it yourself....it like 12 years old.
    Kenny started the superbike war.....stickboys hawk was not poor, sad, or bent....just a Honda......like his pos f3.

Bring more beer to the track, v7 racers get thirsty!

10. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

.....furthermore, the amount of v7 smack talking is inversely proportionate to the number of championships. Nice guys do not finish last in this class.:beer:

That being said......grid up in 2012 biotches.....game on whatever the schedule, whatever the rulebook!

Oh yes, while I got your attention......allow the 2001 aprilia Mille in v7hwt with the tlr and rc51.....it's a good fit!

11. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

First time racing, end of season got a new(to me) bike, gained new knowledge, honed the skills a bit and got decent seat time at new tracks, all this year.

...seriously CAN NOT WAIT for 2012. Spring will not arrive fast enough.

:beer:

12. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Why wait, load the bike up.....trackday at cmp this Saturday and Sunday. There will be a couple v7 riders there for sure.

13. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Couple? You and who?

14. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Stick............MES...........the kewl kids.

15. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I dont want a pickle....I just wanna ride my motor-sickle....

16. stickboy274

Drive on over. It'll be a good time

17. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

I'm full of chit... I just don't know it yet :cool:

Beer? I declare bullchit! Someone needs to be toting around some Jack or other form of whiskey for the times I run low from sharing with others :beer:

Yes I do :D

Took me half a year to get around an RC51 (one of the highlights of my year) and almost a full year to finally pass Ray Hickman (turn4 Nashville, didn't last though but still another highlight this year). I'm game to get me arse handed to me by an Aprilia rider :up:

Is that like 'his and hers?'

18. Dyle

19. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Skool...........what's that? When I get on the track with Dyle and he just sits back there and follows me around...........Oh ok.......I got it now....lol.

:Poke:

The big Aprilia is not a threat for anyone........it is a fun ride, but more importantly, it is already in my garage and I use it for trackday riding only.....lol. But it is a good fit with the RC51 and TLR in the Heavyweight Class.

20. Dyle

I knew you were gonna say that.