1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regional #1 Plates and Novice to Expert Advancements!

Discussion in 'General' started by Czar, Nov 7, 2012.

1. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

I'd love to hear the answer to this as well.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seriously guys? You really want to start a "you're illegal" line of bs in Evelynes thread?

3. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Don't mean to be a thread shitter, my bad.

Congrats to all the bumps, hope to see new LWT blood on the grids next year :up:

4. crazywolf450r

Just curious what makes it BS?

5. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

I didn't want to ruin this thread so I started another one:

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=304018

Mongo answers the question pretty clearly, I think he was trying to avoid derailing this thread off-topic.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seriously? It has nothing to do with this thread, hence, bs when placed in this thread.

Why is it so hard to just accept that you don't want to fuck up Evelynes thread with other shit which you are still continuing to do by trying to argue with me over wording? Yes, this is the BBS, but sometimes you have to pay attention to who started a thread and use your head...

7. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Come on guys, even Mongo doesn't piss where he sleeps.

Congrats on the bumps guys. I'm hoping to be right there with you all after next year.

8. crazywolf450r

Do you want answers to those questions, or were they rhetorical?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

May as well answer them as you're obviously not understanding a damn thing I said.

10. crazywolf450r

Nah I understood every word. Don't shit on Evelyne's thread. Got it.:D

11. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

So how bout them experts....doing experty stuff....

12. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

I'm crazy excited to be an expert. Getting the number plates printed out as I type this :D

13. steve802cc

steve802cc Well-Known Member

So I got my letter and was surprised to get bumped.
    Is the bump automatic even in the classes like senior with only one or two racers which would guarantee a top 5 finish in the season?
    I also raced the normal classes and placed 8th in North Central B Superbike Novice for the season.

In North Central for example I did one race in senior and was the only senior novice to grid up due to the rain. That one race alone placed me third for the season in Senior Superbike MW Novice.

Looking for advice as much as anything. I just started racing, I'll be 46yrs old next season near 250bls with gear and I'm not really sure if I should run expert or stay novice.

So what do you guys think, is it safer to run back of the pack expert or fight it out in novice for another year?
    Also skill wise where do you think I'll learn more expert or novice?

Thanks guys looking forward to next season either way.
    Steve

14. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Steve, I believe the bump happens automatically, because last year (2011) I was in the same situation as you. I raced two races in HWTwins and because one was a double points event, attended by five others in that class, I tied for third for the year.

I've seen you run at Summit Point and I think you'd be okay running around in expert, but it's ultimately up to you and WERA to come to that conclusion. I petitioned in 2011 to stay novice for the 2012 season mainly due to only having track experience at Summit Point. As it happens, I would have also been okay in expert for 2012, maybe even faster by this same time this year because of that, but damn if I didn't want a chance to snag a novice championship and learn new-to-me tracks at a less hectic pace.

What ever you decide, good luck! Hope to see you in 2013! :beer:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes in large part it is automatic, we try to go through and not bump as many people in the smaller classes but we miss it on occasion, that's why you can ask to stay Novice too if you wish.

16. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Hey Steve, you're faster than me, and I'm going expert next year!

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Guess that answers the "should I" question :D

18. :stupid:

Just do it.

19. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

You will do fine in expert Steve. Should be some fun racing next season.

20. Rusty848

Rusty848 Well-Known Member

I dont know what happen,but I got the letter today.
    I guess Wera need fill up the off podium spots,lol.
    Question ,there is racer in my region with same #,but he race vintage bike,can I keep my #since we will never race same races?