1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red fu**ing flags

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by vosnick52, Apr 19, 2004.

1. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

This red flag bullshit is getting on my nerves. I started CSS on the 3rd row, by the end of the second lap I am passing for the lead. Then a red fu**cking flag, so I re-started on the 3rd row and just like Tally and I got screwed again. Then I make a come back from being in about 8th to 4th in 2 laps and lone behold I try and pass a few guys for position in 15 and I ran a little wide, with plenty of room for the pass ( God, I wish I knew his #, black R6), he knew I was there and started running me even wider. I had 2 decisions, stand it up and run off the track or dive harder and try not to hit him, which I should have. Anyway I did not hit him but I leaned it so far over to make the turn that I lost the front wheel and the rest of season to an asshole the kept running me wide to keep his position. You know this is not the AMA and there are hard working people coming out here to race and improve on there skills. You can't do that if you bike is fu**cking mangled. :mad: :Puke: :down:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2004
  2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Dude, sorry you wadded your bike and all, but you need to get real. You were on the outside and ASSumed he saw you. Sounds like he had the correct line and you were trying to go around the long way and ran out of track. Thats your fault.

Oh, and welcome to racing.

3. vosnick52

I appreciate your opinion but I have been in racing for quite a few years and have been through many situations. Anyway I was having a bad day when I wrote this and thought I would voice my opinion. I know it is racing but when you have a half bike length in front of him on the outside, he knew I was there and I knew he was pushing me way outside.
    It was a good situation NOT to do again. Like I said I was a little disturbed of the situation and I know, it's racing. I will take it with a grain of salt and start the rebuild.

4. Justin

Justin Active Member

Sorry to here that you went down. I didn't get to go, but i was told a lot of people went down this weekend. Any way. I have a lot of extra gsxr parts. I have a sub frame, frame and swing arm. I don't need them any more and wasn't going to deal with trying to sale them, so if i can help with these parts let me no. I'll take about any offer.

5. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Perhaps I'm not visualizing this right, but if you had 1/2 bike length lead on him, why did you allow him to "push" you anywhere??? If you're that far ahead, take the line and GO.

6. vosnick52

Being the nice guy that I am, which is about to stop on the track. I was running out of room since I was being pushed, leaned it in to stay on the track, then I went sliding. If I would of kept traction I have a feeling he would of went down or he would of hit my wheel, I would of highsided or who knows what and we both would of gone down. Anyway, next time I will be more patient and really stick the pass. I came out without a scratch and that is all I could of asked for. I will be at Nashville to regain my insanity.:beer:

7. fat bloke

fat bloke Well-Known Member

dont take this the wrong way but woznt the multiple red flag situation in the novice classes?

8. dave333

dave333 traveler

Nice has got nothing to do with it. Passing is the responsibility of the passer. If you can't get by, wait until your next opportunity. If that happens to be the next race, or the next race weekend, then so be it. IMHO, you ride hard, but use your head while doing it...

9. vosnick52

Passing in turn 14 at Barber has always been my strong section but after the red flag I wanted to get back up front. Racing is a frustrating sport when things are not going well but it's the cat's ASS when things go right. I will have to make up some points at Roebling.