1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent images.........

Discussion in 'General' started by tonybrownphoto, Dec 11, 2007.

1. for this season, not so good.......the lady in charge is sifting through a couple hundred apps for permanent jobs in the S.E region.......said for me to call back in a couple weeks. trying other outlets.

thanks..

2. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Thanks Tony. I have to ask then, what can I do to prevent pictures from looking washed out? That's probably like asking, "what can I do to go faster?" but some general things to try would be helpful.

3. rising.....what camera and lens are you shooting with?

4. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Rebel XTi and Sigma lenses (18-75mm and 75-300mm). I realize I have cheap lenses but I am fairly new to this game and I know that my abilities haven't reached the limits of my equipement yet.

Eventually I would like to upgrade lenses (probably Canon IS, USM lenses) but I would like to get better with what I have first.

5. Rising.......just practice on seeing the light. When I shoot games/races, my first consideration is how, where, and the direction of the lighting. To get the vibrant colors there has to be optimal amount of light and also the time of day is important to consider.

plus once you get images on computer, just bump up the contrast a tad bit.....as you can see from my sample, all you need is a little.

6. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

i was using the same combo.. ill dig through some decent pics i took later when i got a little more time.... i got pretty decent with that lense, but you'l get to a point where it will really hold you back, and its frustrating.

7. random hero

random hero Banned

tony your pics are amazing.. truley inspiring.. i can't understand why the AP hasnt picked you up, you make me want to learn how to take pics, awe inspiring!! great job as usual!

8. Ptog

Ptog I Miss Corner Working

Nice pics Tony! Did you ever get the "1D Mark 3"?
    I'll assume the lady in the pic your wife? I hope you don't mind me saying but she should apply to be one of the Jags cheerleaders. She could hang with them on any Sunday. Or Monday night or Thursday night.