1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Tire Size

Discussion in 'Tech' started by FLASHER, Aug 8, 2004.

1. FLASHER

FLASHER pinche'loco estupido

WHICH TIRE SIZE IS BEST TO RACE WITH,180 OR A 190 ON A GSXR 1000 ?TIRE BRAND IS MICHELIN H2

2. novice52

novice52 there, but not really

3. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

I think you may get different opinions from different riders, none are right or wrong just personal preference. Generally the wider the tire the better the traction and slower the turning. Most of the manufacturers are now making a 190/55 or 190/60 (Dunlop) profile tire which helps the wider tires turn better. Unfortunately Michelin still uses the 190/50 profile which is noticabaly slower turning than the other brands. I prefer the 190's (other than Michelins) but plenty of riders kicking my butt were using 180's.

4. FLASHER

ARE YOU GOING ON THE 29TH TO LVMS TO RACE WITH WERA? BY THE WAY THANKS FOR THE TIRE INPUT!

5. CCS#21

CCS#21 Active Member

I'm a 190 kind of guy. When ya push it hard you can tell the bike turns faster with the 180, But I'm still sold on how solid the bike is while leaned over, also on the way out while coming onto the center of the tire. Ya don't have that power slide that makes ya feel in your gut (I'M GOING DOWN!!!)

I'll be there:D Was thinkin about the team challenge but all my boy's out here crash to much(LOL) I'm just going to run fri, and sat. I'll bring my 400Ex and hit the sand on sun:cool:

6. FLASHER

thanks for the input, im taking the fastrack school on sat. my first race will be sun. im rackin my brain tryin to get my race parts in time for that weekend. ive raced desert,moto-x and now im pullin for the tri- fecta road racing. I'll be down to the pheonix race on the 11th & 12th of sept , granted i make it through the 1st weekend. I'll see ya@ the track , later, FLASHER

7. CCS#21

CCS#21 Active Member

11th and 12th?? Races where in phx? Sep is in vegas on 17/18/19 Please don't tell me I have it wrong:eek:

8. FLASHER

dates r 4 wera not ccs

8-29 wera west @ lvms and 9-12 wera west @ams. sorry for the scare you thought i was talkin about ccs huh. anyway how is that organization to race with?:wow: :wow:

9. CCS#21

CCS#21 Active Member

It's OK, I here that w.e.r.a.'s lap times are faster. Next year I'll be expert C.C.S.I should be up to speed then? I'll try to hit a few of your races. Ultimately I want to try out for an A.M.A. race.
    Don't you guy's run some of there tracks?

10. FLASHER

yeah only a few tracks on the west coast, mainly fontana(cali spdwy) i've got the same goal ! the ama from what im told from a wera expert is really tough. he also had the same goal & said the factory guys are sooooooooooooo freakin fast (he quoted,the fat wallet guys with unobtanium stuff for you & i) he also said it costs $$$$$$$. unfortunately my wife was next to me listening(shaking her head in disgust) . i then tried to wave my hand across her face while saying,"YOU WILL NOT REMEMBER THIS DISCUSSION,YOU WILL FORGET THIS EVER TOOK PLACE." i dont think my jedi mind trick worked that time . so i told her it is still my main goal to race in the ama. see ya at the track some day, im gonna work on my mind tricks,hopefully perfected by then!!!!!!!!!!

11. CCS#21

CCS#21 Active Member

I'm going to try and hit A track day at one of the A.M.A. run track soon. I'd like to try and see if I can make the grid off of 04 times. This way I'll know right where I'm at without the pressure of everyone C'in me fail?/crash?ect Ya know... I just want the shot! Next year, I'm going to do it no matter the cost. I've got 5 guy's that's going to go with IF I become fast enuff.

Do ya know of any tracks close to me that I can try out? I'm getting to bug just thinking about it!!!!! I'm in mesa AZ.

12. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

13. CCS#21

CCS#21 Active Member

THANKS GixxerBlade

Could I get another favor? What kind of time will I have to do @ the 3 A.M.A. tracks?
    I might be able to hit willow springs on October 15-17 I'm getting the bug again:D :D :D

14. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Cali- 1:35's
    Inf- 1:33's
    Laguna- 1:33's

15. CCS#21

CCS#21 Active Member

Daaaaaaaaaaaam:eek: :eek: :Puke:
    It's worth a shot. I think I'm going to need more parts. Hell, Maybe more bikes:confused: