1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real estate peeps,question?

Discussion in 'General' started by britx303, Apr 2, 2023.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Are the mad bidding wars still happening? I found a house and location that’s been a longtime place I’ve liked but timing was never on my side. Checked out the house yesterday, as it only went “live” and able to see yesterday. Had an agent meet us there. We rapidly loved the place. Problem is, last night the agent texted saying we already need to bid much higher than I wanted to pay, and it’s going over listing price. Screw the Jones’s……..I’m not going over my budget for a house. Is the market still somewhat volatile like this? I thought it died down a bit……no?

BrentA likes this.
  2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Depends on the area

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  3. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

I’m no expert but I think it is all location based.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Location is going to be crucial, but I can see the nationwide market affecting things everywhere. We've all but decided to take a wait and see attitude on buying another rental even if the land sale we plan to fund it with happens.

Of course, then we'd have to figure out where to put those funds while we wait to see.

Hookerz-n-blo wouldn't be the missus' first choice. :D

First world problems...

5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Housing market is cooling off on average. Unless you need to buy now, you'll probably be money ahead to let someone else bid their way into negative equity.

6. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

It has slowed a lot, BUT location still matters a lot.

BigBird likes this.
  7. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

It's location specific. There are spots in the PNW where all my clients are having to come in over. Down in the SW, not so much.

BigBird likes this.
  8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Overall, values are headed downward so you don't want to bid up a property at this time, sooner or later the market will catch up with that area.

9. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

We are due to close on a house in North Florida in a couple of weeks. The sellers dropped the price and we still offered below their new asking price. They countered and we accepted and ended up below asking and below appraisal.
    We just had an appraisal done on our WI house and it came in higher than we expected and the realtor said we could ask over appraised price and easily get it as the inventory where we are is way low.
    So, location, location, location.

BigBird likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

If you’ve seen what’s happening to your west, expect a lot of blue license plates migrating to your neck of the woods.

Phl218, britx303 and StaccatoFan like this.
  11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Refugees from Minnesota.

(Que the Tom Petty song)

Don’t have to live like a Refugee!!!!

12. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

The market in our area will always be an overpriced shit show Bud.

britx303 likes this.
  13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Where in North FL? North FL extends from the Atlantic to the Gulf...

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Doubtful... if anything where I live starter homes on well/septic & 40 miles from the ocean have breached the $300k
    mark. The higher end homes triple that price are not getting any discounts. This is a huge military & college town too... the demand for housing is so severe there are over 100 different multi story /family developments in the framing stages. I was told that the demand is at both ends of the market spectrum... young professionals and retired couples who dont want a single family house.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  15. britx303

This was VA…….just not NoVa!! But yeah, my county stays very high typically, especially compared up north in your neck of the woods, but we do live in a shit show

16. britx303

It’s worse………we’ve got DC plates that have been moving in for a few years now. Damn Krispy Kreme’s :mad:

pickled egg likes this.
  17. pickled egg

You think he wants you collard green eating motherfuckers showing up in his doorstep? :Poke: :D

TurboBlew likes this.
  18. kenessex

Eastpoint, south of Tallahassee, between St. George Island and Apalachacola.

TurboBlew likes this.
  19. kenessex

It is just an escape from WI for the winter months and we will short term rental it for the rest of the year. We plan to be there January through March. You and the girls should come for a visit while we are there, only 5 minutes to the beach.

beac83, BigBird and pickled egg like this.
  20. pickled egg

Careful, I may take you up on that! :beer: