1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real-estate investors - seller financing ?

Discussion in 'General' started by opinion914, Dec 28, 2021.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Qualified opportunity zone fund. I might know a little something about them.

2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

If inflation is about to bloom you need to be wary of long term "low" interest generating commitments. During the Carter years it was possible to get 13, even 15 % interest on CDs. It would suck to have a lot of money tied up at 5% in that case.

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Valid point - in addition to counterparty risk, there’s a large likelihood of interest rate risk in the short/medium term as well.

Even @nigel smith ’s rates (fun fact - 10% is the legal maximum in California) might not be enough in the next few years.

4. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Yep … I was a Banker during those years at a Savings & Loan
    ( all of those went the way of the Dinosaurs) not only did they get those crazy interest rates , but they also got a toaster … or some other worthless gift …

5. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

I have a client that runs a wealth management thingie and he mentioned funds that support commercial construction. Something I'm familiar with, just not in the large-scale funding aspect. This similar?

lopitt85 likes this.
  6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Yeah, just discuss a QOZ with a qualified accountant. And not every CPA is up to speed on them.