1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RD350 pre-mix ratio?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by britx303, Apr 10, 2016.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Didn't mean nothin.

2. charles

charles The Transporter

Is there something wrong with anything?

3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

N
    Nope

4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Not to steal somebody else's thread, but the answer has been given. But I have a question for Jamie. Do you know a good divorce lawyer in ANC? My favorite niece has had enough of her deadbeat husband and is kicking him to the curb. She is hoping for an easy dissolution, since she has all the assets in her name and and the good job and the good credit etc. I just would like her to get a good pro to look at/set up the initial paperwork in the hopes her husband will just give up and agree.

Thanks, PM me if you don't want to post here.

5. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Only your plugs fouled immediately, oh hater of two-strokes.

6. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Eliminate the harness accept the on/off switch. Go battery pos. to the switch (in your case, better put an inline fuse), other side of switch to the coils. Other side of coils already go to the points, keep that. Black wire at points to ground. Battery neg. to ground, your done. That should take half an hour or so. No reason to not race it now.

7. 2smokercr500

2smokercr500 Member

Last season I ran D super bike and Clubman ,received a few V 6 lw points and I'm hoping my bike is legal for formula 2 stroke so I can get in a big group hug with rd/rz 350's

8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Noooowww you chime in:confused::D I will get back to it next week.....im loading the FZR tonight for NJ this weekend

9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Also ringdingding,I lost your number.I was going to give you a ring when I got back to the RD.

10. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I'll pm you from the office.

11. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

So a slightly more serious and informative response than I gave above to the question is, 32 to 1 with high quality oil (I like Motul 800) is probably ok in a more or less stock RD engine for road racing engines, lots of guys in this post say so, but in my 430cc RD F500 bike, heavily stepped on (25cc heads, 196 exhaust, 10,500-11,00 rpm, raced on long tracks like RA, Dayt, Willow), I use 24 to 1 and 110 octane race gas, and nothing else, ever since I stuck it once on Yamalube R at 32 to 1. Who wants to gamble a bore and a set of pistons and maybe more, over 1/4 the cost of a can of race oil? To be on the conservative side , my personal practice for race type engines (compression, porting, revs, long straights) is: aircooled 24-1, water cooled 32 to 1. My motocrossers (modern watercooled YZ125 and 250) live on Yamalube R at 32 to 1 and love it and seemingly last forever on the stuff. My RD, not. Again, your results may vary...

As to leaner ratios, I ran Maico 450/490 motocrossers back in the 70's/early 80's on the 50:1 Bel Ray MC-1 that was all the rage then. I got a fair amount of unnecessary wear... but the plugs lasted a long time and the exhaust was clean. I'm not interested in those ratios any more, just the ratios above. This stuff varies from engine to engine. My first real race two stroke back in the 60's was a 1969 CZ, and everyone ran those only on 20:1 Castrol GP50 four stroke oil, because the mains were paired on the drive side, two single row ball bearings side by side with no oil passage to the bottom of the transfers, and it did not oil them well, so it required LOTS of oil. They lasted a long time, but in fact the piston would sometimes outlive the bottom end. Bultacos of the day happily ran at 50:1, so go figure.