1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RBoM SV Challenge @ VIR 8/2/15

Discussion in 'General' started by Russell Masecar, Jul 1, 2015.

1. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Will grid positions be based on Northeast/Mid-Atlantic or Southeast points?

2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

That's a good question! Even more reason to set grids based on Saturday's lwtsbk results. I had a CCS racers Dad ask about gridding. He was concerned since they have no wera points. The Saturday result gridding procedure would work for him too..

3. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Settled then.... make it double header weekend, sat race results would be grid positions for sunday only, regardless of any points in any region, ( which means eerrbody must race sat to get his or her grid position ) ,early race in the day to guarantee a full race and 2 extra laps on Sundays race.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

It is a double header weekend already.

5. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Even easier...

6. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Simon loves a good double header.

7. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

I sure do!

Kevin and I will be just fine starting from the back of the grid Dave. I except him to clear the way for me into turn at which point I'll stuff him in turn 4.

I'm going to stuff him in every practice session and race if I get the chance.........or run into back of him......in turn 4.....again :)

8. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

That's cool. I've just always wanted to try out qualifying.

Either way I can't wait. Should be an awesome event.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All regions that race is listed in (which now includes North Central to make up for losing NCM)

10. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

So it'll be based off combined points in both regions?

Not trying to be obtuse, just trying to understand.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As with all multi region grids it's your place in points not the total points. So if it's 3 regions then the first three grid spots go to the 1st place riders in those regions, then the second place riders and on down the line. If you've got points in multiple regions we use the best position in points you have.

12. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Okey doke, gotcha, thanks!

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

What made you decide to add it to the North Central?

edit: Nobody from a riders' perspective minds losing NCM from a "number of events" perspective. If it's to help attendance, let us know.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  14. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I havent ran VIR in a few years...never really cared for it. I assume we can sign up at the track? I'm still not sure my damn bike will be up to par for it. I'm going to VMD with high hopes of it not blowing up. lol

15. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Lol. Now that's funny.... Good luck!

16. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

I'll tell Draik to make sure he gets a good start and stay in front of you.

17. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

No joke....I'm literally bringing an entire street bike as back up. We're moving, the bike is cursed, the shop is still busy and I have my day job. My stuff is the last to be touched. I'm about to bring it to someone and say "Fix it all". lol Not because I cant, but because it's probably cheaper for me to pay someone to do it. lol

And, Draik has gotten much better on his starts. I'm still gonna whip him! bwahaha

18. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Let me know if there is anything I can bring as far as backup parts.

19. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Well if you have any issues Sat and there is anything we might have, let me know since we're coming up on Sunday. And if you need any help sunday evening, Monday or Tuesday, just hollar.

20. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Rumor has it, this has gone international and some ringers are flying in for it.