1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RBoM SV Challenge @ VIR 8/2/15

Discussion in 'General' started by Russell Masecar, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It depends. Sometimes that will actually encourage more of a pile into T1 but for LWT you are correct, we'd go with more gaps than waves at VIR. Still depends on the grid size.

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

LMAO disheartening isn't it lol

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally varies track to track. Distance to T1, width of the track, the bikes on the grid, our experience at that track, and sometimes just a flat out gut call. Evelyne has a basic setup she uses but it gets adjusted as needed.

Also - for the same class what we try for is the first guy in wave two being right behind the last guy in wave one going through T1. We have had some issues with starters holding the second wave a bit long and we are constantly working on that as are they to get it exactly right.

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Understood. And Russell is an asshole. I might have to change my plans around to try to make this one. Never ran VIR before either so that would be another check off the list. I was going to run that barber vintage fest with the SV and The RD. But now it's all up in the air that he set this up. Lol

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Glad it's his turn to be in trouble!

And thanks for bringing up the wave thing. I appreciate the chance to explain how/why we do what we do without people yelling back about how we're just wrong :D

6. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

No Barber for me. Got other crap to do.

I told Russell I'd come and race for the heck of it. I don't think Bessie and me can win it but it'll be fun to race in a big grid chasing a lil cash!

7. grasshopper

Now I just need to piss my boss off by trying to change vacation around.

8. grasshopper

Extremely. Ensure he gets a stomach bug or tell him to go race somewhere else that weekend.

9. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

:up:

If you bring it I will race it! You always helped me fill the HWT grids when KTM was paying! Gotta pay u LWT guys back!

Ride safe,
    AAron

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Damn it man!! Was looking forward to seeing you for a turn or two on track at Barber.

I think ole Mikey will make sure he is there. Prolly gonna split the winnings 50/50 I'd bet. I'm pretty sure that trophy already has 473 etched in it though. Would be cool to see Mazz out there too.

11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Come on out! Double header so 3 sprints on Saturday for a warm up. VIR is awesome...

12. grasshopper

Things have to line up with work and home... But I'm strongly contemplating it

13. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Obviously Russell's account has been hacked, someone near Apex please go check on him, we're worried..

14. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Consider it done, will be in touch :up:

15. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Russell, how nice of you to still be thinking about me. :D

I raced at VIR one time out of all the years I raced and ran 36's there. I figured that crazy ass track out quick! I would be lucky to bring a 46 with me now. I'm out! :beer:

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

If anyone needs a fast SS sv, call me.
    A sixpack and you're in.

Metalhead you're an expert right?

Tomorrow is Thursday, so bring out Huge News :Poke:

17. talber8

talber8 Well-Known Member

I unfortunately can't make that weekend. Hope there's a next time!

18. SCHMITTY91

SCHMITTY91 Well-Known Member

Phil how serious are you?

19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Well, he is german so he's always serious:crackup:
    also the irony of you two shearing a bike is funny as hell:D

20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Picturing the look on your face. :crackup:

:up: