1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RBoM SV Challenge @ VIR 8/2/15

Discussion in 'General' started by Russell Masecar, Jul 1, 2015.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Only Russell knows...

2. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

If you don't own a SV, start asking around. Find a bike to race. Get this grid something astronomical

3. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

;)

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

:up:

5. metricdevilmoto

And good on Russell for making this happen.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

Been wondering that since I read your proposal to the boss :crackup:

Not gonna post the possibilities that ran through my head....

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell yes!

And we are always willing to do things like this. We can't afford the purse money ourselves but anyone who has a goofy idea that won't hurt our core customers we're in.

8. metricdevilmoto

First thing I asked as well. X had to clue me in.

Russell's Band of Misfits is what I was told. Not sure if the kid was cracking wise ...

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Almost as much fun and definitely appropriate :D

10. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

As big as the grid gets it would be nice to know that it remains single wave start. That 2 wave start at barber during the GNF was bullshit

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That won't change any no matter ho unhappy it makes you. We will always err on the side of getting you all through turn one as safely as we can. Your job is to be pissed about things like that, ours is to keep you safe anyway.

12. Russell Masecar

Russell Masecar Well-Known Member

Just a point of clarification, this is for LWT SB "Expert". Sorry novice fast guys.

I'm sure there will be other points of clarification too. I hope some racers show up.

13. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Bring ole Bessie up there and git chu some money!

I won't be able to make it and I know Russell is upset that I can't bring my beeb wisdom there to pontificate in all manners of beebdom. Oh and haul off some cash.

Chris you going to Barber?

14. Russell Masecar

The idea was to not disrupt WERA's normal operating procedure. Not everyone will be happy....that is expected. Do the best you can if you show up and enter. Run some other WERA events and get some LWT SB points to improve your grid position. Doesn't get much easier than that. Or start in the back and see if you can get to the front. Or stay home and bitch about what could have been. It's just something different to see if it lures Kris Wall out of retirement!!!!!!

15. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The winner started in the 2d wave.....:Poke:

16. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Also, the VIR front straight is really long, so a 2 wave race could probably be avoided by leaving a 2 or 3 row space on the grid to give some space for turn 1.

17. grasshopper

Did he really?!?! Jesus

18. grasshopper

Thank you. What constitutes a 2 wave expert start?

19. Russell Masecar

Repeat.......This nonsense can not disrupt WERA's normal operating procedure. Not everyone will be happy....that is expected. Let's not get carried away. It would be amazing if enough racers showed up to have a 2-wave expert start.

20. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Sadly, many will do that. Let them miss out on an awesome race and huge grid.