1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rat traps

Discussion in 'General' started by PMooney Jr., Oct 20, 2017.

1. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Ok, so I spotted a rat cruise through my workshop the other day. Watched his route, bought 4 traps and set them up. 3 old school Victors and a Tomcat. So far in three days I have a happy rat full of peanut butter... I'm sure just waiting for dinner again this eve. Two traps are set off, all 4 have no peanut butter and I have nothing to show for it. I need help apparently :)

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Three mice are sitting at a bar in a pretty rough neighborhood late at night trying to impress each other about how tough they are. The first mouse orders a scotch, gulps it down and slams the glass on the bar. He turns to the second mouse and says, "When I see a mousetrap, I lie on my back and set it off with my foot. When the bar comes down, I catch it in my teeth, bench press it 20 times to work up an appetite, and then make off with the cheese."

The second mouse orders two shots of bourbon, slams them down and nearly breaks the glasses on the bar. He turns to the first mouse and replies, "Yeah, well, when I see rat poison, I collect as much as I can, take it home, grind it into a powder, and add it to my coffee each morning so I can get a good buzz going for the rest of the day."

The first mouse and the second mouse then turn to the third mouse. The third mouse lets out a long sigh and says to the first two, "I don't have time for this bullshit. I gotta go home and screw the cat."

MachineR1, Phl218, slimjim00 and 2 others like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Glue traps. Been great catching the meeses in the basement and rv.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You're stealing the buzz from my joke. Those glue traps are a horrible way to die

BigBird likes this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Could you have mice too? Mice may not be heavy enough to set off the trap so they eat all your PB.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, but effective. The mice can stay outside and I leave them alone.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Here is what you need...Old school rat traps, bacon, and fishing line or thread.

1) cook bacon, but not crispy because you don't want it brittle.
    2) put a dime size piece of bacon on end of rat trap
    3) wrap bacon up with line or thread so it takes a little effort for them to get it off.
    4)prepare to clean up dead rats

Phl218 and PMooney Jr. like this.
  8. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Now if you want to kill squirrels.
    Rat trap with peanut butter and nail it to a tree=dead tree rats.

9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Just buy a terrier. Mine nails one a week minimum.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Maybe he and the squirrel can double date with the mouse and the cat. ;)

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

The exterminator used Nutella. Within a day, a little 4ker had :(

12. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

https://www.tomcatbrand.com/en-us/products/rats/tomcat-secure-kill-rat-trap

I haven't had my tomcat go off without there ever being a rat. Now if you have a mouse, they will have issues setting it off and may not get caught.
    The old school ones hardly ever work. Also put them in the walking path of the rat against a wall. (teeth facing the wall)

If this doesn't work my dog gets ahold of them.

13. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Thank you! Ok, bacon it is. Secured with some sneaky line, I'll report back in a couple of days.

14. joec

joec brace yourself

Live trap..then you can have a pet!