1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rapes and more

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by lrrs517, Oct 10, 2017.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No.

That is not defensive of Moore. It is a defense of innocent until proven guilty. The twitterverse and media coverage effectively kill careers without evidence, simply based upon opinion and accusation. The accusations against Moore my well be spot on, as I already allowed. What I have a problem with is that, seemingly, all that is needed to effect significant punishment these days is an accusation. I'm not OK with that. YMMV.

BHP41 likes this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We see the world differently.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ahhhh, so you just accidentally used Moore in this one rather than the thousands of other innocent until proven guilty examples out there. Gotcha.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Oh for Pete's sake. Moore was the focus of discussion when I posted. Geebus. Pick any other name you wish, the concept of a day in court still holds.

5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I am all for allowing Mr. Moore his day in court. It's a day in the US Senate that I would like to avoid. In an ideal world, a man running for such an office would be beyond reproach. Moore's past behaviour makes it easy to believe these allegations. Taken with his other manifold character flaws, his unsuitability for the position is patently obvious. If elected, I am certain that the Senate would move to evict him from office immediately. It's time for him to throw in the towel.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  6. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

If he is thrown out. Will there be another election? I don’t know the process.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I am NOT pro Moore. Alabamaniacs put him on the ballot.

8. nigel smith

I believe our governor would then appoint someone to finish out his term. Luther Strange would be my guess.

9. nigel smith

Much to my mortification.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You do know we're talking about politicians here, right?

11. In Your Corner

I doubt he can just be thrown out.
    We're not quite a banana republic yet, despite how far Obama took us down that road.

sheepofblue likes this.
  12. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Kids say the darndest things.

13. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks.

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Had a lot of miles on you huh? ;)

:D

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

So, your words "they're probably both guilty pieces of shit" says a lot. Does the word probably mean that Moore should be publicly castigated and drummed out of his profession? If some proof can be brought forward then the women need to do it. Otherwise, they need to shut the hell up and go on with life as usual. Moore may be guilty but no one has seen any proof of it yet. Just politically expedient timing of the accusations.

sheepofblue and BHP41 like this.
  16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You might want to read the constitution and the current process for expulsion as set forth in Senate rules.
    Oh wait. Don't.

17. In Your Corner

You certainly are consistent.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think the word is predictable.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That's not the word I would use

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned