1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rain in San Diego, it's not always beautiful here.

Discussion in 'General' started by H8R, Nov 12, 2011.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ya, but tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes and tornados do not last for 6 - 8 months....

2. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

H8R, you best prepare for the worst 'round Christmas. I'll be visiting family in San Diego then.

Do not under-estimate my powers...

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

san diego, feb-mar, the rainy season, lasts about 2-3 days...usually amounts to a lot of mist in the air...you'd think it was a monsoon judging by the local's reactions.
    :rolleyes: :)

4. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

In my town we got 2.29" of rain this month so far. which is almost double of the November monthly average.

I'm going to lash my surfboards together and make a modern version of Noah's Arc. :D

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Why is she wasting all that water? She should be doing some laundry or washing some dishes.

8. H8R

She's rinsing her bikini. :D

9. H8R

Nice! I will get to take my kid to see snow in the local mountains. Thanks!!

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea that's what everyone that lives in the Cold areas of the world say. I call BS. I grew up in Illinois and after 21 years of that crap, I said I'm moving where it is warmer, not everything is better, but it is really hard to beat the weather. :)

We were just racing all weekend in beautiful 60-75 degree weather. Overcast on Saturday, nice and sunny on Sunday and Tyler put it on the box five times on only his 2nd 600 race weekend.

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:crackup:I've been out here since 89. I believed Hollywood and thought the ground just opened up all over the place when an earthquake came, so I was pretty scared during my first couple of quakes. Granted if you are close to it, it can be devastating, but I've yet to experience even a fallen picture frame, and I hope I never have to.

In Illinois, I was in the basement when our house was damaged by a tornado. Every year I had to deal with shoveling snow, freezing my butt off, etc. Yes, I even walked a mile to the bus stop for school and it sucked. Then in the summer the wonderful humidity, the heat in Illinois was more uncomfortable than the heat in Dallas with much lower humidity.

The people in the midwest are great, it is just the weather that stinks.